Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

I bought a new camera :)

Thank you

It is NOT intended to be showing off, many photographers have this (in business) I was lucky enough to get money when my father died, now I can try to work for the rest of my life.

Also my son has gone back to college to do Plastering, £1000 a year and this was NOT going to happen until I got the money.

did you get any change from your £10k? lol

£18,000

and no

post-29-0-96160700-1408088490.jpg

Edited by jeremy rundle

Do I photograph all the empty boxes as well like what you have. I'm new on here.

There's no need to do anything at all - most of us don't post pictures of our equipment. Our hobby is actual photography. If you're excited by your photographic tools, then by all means post pictures, but there's absolutely no need to.

It looked as though it was a show off competition and all that stuff was a swaggering boast because he must  like to show off. I have only modest equipment, but I like taking photographs. I won't show off because my parents tell me there is no need. My Nan says people who boast and show off are just tying to impress other people for some reason or another, usually because they are insecure and thrive on thinking they are better than others and love being in the spotlight, my grandpa says that I must never boast and show off or he will kick my behind and I know he means it.

Brock - Your grandpa and your nan sound like very sensible people. Now...

Why not introduce yourself in the Welcome Centre and then post some photographs that other members can comment on? Go on, you know you want to!

Korky

It looked as though it was a show off competition and all that stuff was a swaggering boast because he must  like to show off. I have only modest equipment, but I like taking photographs. I won't show off because my parents tell me there is no need. My Nan says people who boast and show off are just tying to impress other people for some reason or another, usually because they are insecure and thrive on thinking they are better than others and love being in the spotlight, my grandpa says that I must never boast and show off or he will kick my behind and I know he means it.

The person who posted those pictures has had many years of problems which he's now putting behind him. I guess he is elated enough by that to "show off" his new equipment, but here he is in a minority as far as that's concerned. As Korky says, why not introduce yourself and post some pictures?

The person who posted those pictures has had many years of problems which he's now putting behind him. I guess he is elated enough by that to "show off" his new equipment, but here he is in a minority as far as that's concerned. As Korky says, why not introduce yourself and post some pictures?

Thanks but I should have posted them in the thread I started about going self employed to be honest.

In fact I was not I hope showing off just what I had bought to show what the heck I needed to become a freelance.

As for (Gran) talking about showing off Brockthebadger, I could take you to events I shoot where the average car price is £500,000, Beaulieu speed weekend, Jet ski races where People spend £18k on their Skis, Hore shows where their animals for countless thousands a year, ALL of which show their gear on forums and facebook, in fact Andy Wilby, Team Ty-phoo recently posted shots of his new "Rolex Oyster"  NONE are showing off, just "showing.

This gear is not for pleasure (well ok it is as well as I have loved photography all my life) it is for work.

JR