Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Clog Dancers at Thirlspot

The sun was setting over the Lakeland hills and the midges were biting hard. This was the viewpoint with the least cars in the shot but it meant shooting straight into the sun.

Westmorland Step & Garland Dancers

14591873046_9d43006ff2_b.jpg

WS&GD Musicians

14614880505_86c1e6c0a1_b.jpg

Three ladies from Belfagan Morris look on

14428275138_f60982dca6_b.jpg

Bonus picture: One of the dancers offered to look after my camera during my dances. Suzanne caught me with both feet off the ground!

14428501497_e9c561428d_b.jpg

I only just learned that Morris dancers were originally "Moorish dancers", i.e. from Islamic Spain. So much for traditional English!

Good job this is Westmorland step clogging then!

There are many theories as to the origins of Morris.  Even within Morris dancing itself there are so many different traditions that it's hard to find one true source. It makes for a fascinating study, especially if you make a point of travelling around to discover some of the obscure folk traditions and rituals from long ago.

Good job this is Westmorland step clogging then!

There are many theories as to the origins of Morris.  Even within Morris dancing itself there are so many different traditions that it's hard to find one true source. It makes for a fascinating study, especially if you make a point of travelling around to discover some of the obscure folk traditions and rituals from long ago.

Agreed - but "Morris" being a  corruption of "Moorish" seems to make perfect sense (my source, by the way, was Andrew Marr :) )

Yes, number 1 is very good, that light is just lovely - such a pity about the cars. Now...

Shot 3 - I can see that both your feet are off the ground, I can also see that you've cloned out the circus wire that's attached to the waistband of your undercrackers. Your expression is that of a man experiencing a serious wedgie, but trying to pretend he isn't in pain  :yes

Korky

Another lovely set Martyn.

I really like picture 1....We have seen these lovely ladies before. 

Shot 3, those ladies do look to be enjoying themselves..love their colourful outfits, 

Shot 4............ROFL...well done Suzanne...love it..

Nice set but love no1 and it would not be that hard to take the cars out.

Thanks Paul, I may even get round to having a go at removing the cars one day. I've been off work this week, I've taken so many photographs over the last fortnight that I'm struggling to keep up with sorting and editing.

Thanks Paul, I may even get round to having a go at removing the cars one day. I've been off work this week, I've taken so many photographs over the last fortnight that I'm struggling to keep up with sorting and editing.

Sorry Martyn, I couldn't help myself. Clone tool only. PS. Seeing the result in TIPF, I could have spent a bit more time on the road surface.

post-850-0-71060300-1404985202.jpg

Sorry Martyn, I couldn't help myself. Clone tool only. PS. Seeing the result in TIPF, I could have spent a bit more time on the road surface.

attachicon.gifMorris Clog Dancers.jpg

I can see where you cloned from, Brian, but that's only because I knew to look. With no knowledge that there were cars there to begin with, the eye is completely fooled and is led to the main subject without the cloning intruding at all.

Archived