Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Looking towards Wales.

JohnP

(Just tried the link and it didn't display, came up as 'forbidden'.)

I've had this trouble before, I can use the link and see the image full size and no one else on here can.

think i would like to live on that spot :)

It would be a bit bleak in winter Heather!  The only way to get there is to walk.  I love it there, it's my favourite part of the Malvern Hills, not many people go there so it's usually free from screaming kids and barking dogs... great.

still tempted lol

the larger image worked for me too and i dont have dropbox 

Heather... I have previously had problems on here when linking to Dropbox but it seems OK now. I don't know whether it will be the same on your computer, when viewing the Dropbox image the mouse cursor is a '+' (zoom) but it blows the image up to large, I then use the control key and the mouse wheel and I can adjust so the image just fills the screen. I've no idea why that should be but you do get a much better image than the one shown on the forum. It's a shame it doesn't just show the large image without having to mess about zooming in and out.

Heather... I have previously had problems on here when linking to Dropbox but it seems OK now. I don't know whether it will be the same on your computer, when viewing the Dropbox image the mouse cursor is a '+' (zoom) but it blows the image up to large, I then use the control key and the mouse wheel and I can adjust so the image just fills the screen. I've no idea why that should be but you do get a much better image than the one shown on the forum. It's a shame it doesn't just show the large image without having to mess about zooming in and out.

Unfortunately that didn't work with me :( (Maybe it's a Mac thing). However, if DID work (after a fashion) without using the + zoom thing, by zooming the entire screen so the small unzoomed image filled the entire width of the screen. Unfortunately, being the smaller of the two images to begin with, zooming the screen meant an unavoidable loss of quality when it was 'zoomed'. Like you, I do wonder why the + zoom button doesn't just calculate the size of your display and then fill your screen.

The thing that annoys the c**p out of me about Dropbox is, when you are  logged in and viewing your own images there is a tool bottom right (three dots), click on this and you get two options... download & view original. Why can't you just send the link to the original image, if you do this it comes up at the receiver end as forbidden. When you use the share link to photo the person who you are sending the link to will only see a reduced image not the full size image. When showing landscapes on this forum (or any other) at 1024 pixels the image is terrible, most other type of images are passable, it's landscapes that suffer the most from downsizing. The whole idea of posting a link to Dropbox is to try and show a landscape image full size and it doesn't work how I want so I won't bother again.

Archived