Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

SUNNY SMILE 1 & 2

FUJI

I pass this lovely lady with her infant in a buggy quite often........this morning, in her sun-hat she looked absolutely stunning:

Me being me, plucked up the courage to request a portrait..................these are the wonderful result, I shot two and both worked.

I'm just printing her hard copies now...................I really do meet some wonderful people:

Best viewed LARGE...............Click on Pic:

FUJI

post-4-0-78278900-1402943510.jpg

post-4-0-52522100-1402943520.jpg

Lovely, natural images. This is how I prefer to see a portrait and not the ones where all freckles and imperfections have been removed. Do you get your models to sign a model release?

Hi, Chrissy,

This will be a longish reply, to fully explain....

This question has come up previously when I wanted to use one of my portraits in a local professionaly run exhibition.....

I am fully aware of formal model release forms, and the reasons for using them.

Mine are all natural, Street Portraits, from complete strangers, or, from folk who see me always with a camera around our small town.

In almost every case it would be innapropriate to formally request a ...Model Release.....asking prior to shooting would instantly take the edge off my style of.....ask, then shoot if okayed.

To ask after the shoot, could result in doubts in the mind if my subjects.......just by looking at my portraits, it is obvious, that they are fully aware, and have agreed, I nearly always request eye contact with the camera as I chat away, waiting for the natural expressions, to avoid those sometimes awkward poses.

Each of my subjects is given my card, which explains my ongoing ..Street Portrait Project.....together with a promise of prints and copies via email, or when I see them again......this is readilly agreed upon.

I do get asked, what I do with my pics, I am honest and say that many will be posted on photo forums fior comment and critisism, that is all.......if anyone ever shows doubt, I delete the shots.

This obviosly busy mum, was on her way to drop her infant off at a Nursery, she was in the usual.....Mum's hurry......but graciously gave me that few seconds of time and that amazing smile.

If I was much younger than I am, I would use... Model Release Forms.....Having signed some very powerful ones for the Disney Corp......I know that they are very important if pics might be used commercially.

To me, the verbal agreement, the eye contact with my camera, and the passing of my card with its explanation and my offer of prints, covers me for what I want.

A very important subject, and one that could kill natural Street Portrature, stone dead?

For my sometimes .....Street Photography......most of my subjects have long gone, by the time, I have taken my shot......if any one spots me, I smile and give them my card.

FUJI

WHOOPS!

Chrissy, I owe you an apology for accidentally entering my reply on to your post, I have stupidly done this before without realising......I honestly thought I had hit the reply button,..

Being an honoury Moderator, has its pitfalls for me at my age :-( ...... If you look at the time of my post, I am half asleep too, having a cuppa, followed by a doze in the chair.

Perhaps a cleverer mod than me can put things right?.......I daren't fiddle.

FUJI

Archived