Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

LURKING and WAITING

FUJI

A careful and diligent search of our garden and the Back Lane, produced these results, all Spiders, but totally different from each other.

I was surprised by the beautiful green of the tiny Garden Spider, but shouldn't have been because it is obvious camauflage for something that hunts on leaves:

The second one, I'm sure, is a Crab Spider, the colour of dried stems or dead leaves, it was boldly sitting in view, it did move quickly under a leaf at my approach, then popped out again when I stood perfecty still:

The third, is a female Wolf Spider complete with Egg Sac in tow, just like the one that Martyn posted the other day, you need to be very observant to spot these; they love the hot sun and remain still for ageg, but, if you are spotted they vanish immediately, they are extremely fast:

Best viewed LARGE........Click on Pics:

Don't have Nighmare's Now!:

FUJI

post-4-0-97008300-1401955369.jpg

post-4-0-79731700-1401955388.jpg

post-4-0-21847500-1401955403.jpg

Cracking detail yet again Fuji :)

These are all very nice shots Fuji. Love the colours in #1.

Can I ask what gear you used to capture them?

Thank you both....

Hi, Brian,

Very recently I posted in great detail, the kit I currently use for all of my macro shots, namely....

My SONY A55 SLT Camera, fitted with a dedicated SONY 2.8-100 Macro Lens............My cheap YUONGO Speedlight is fitted on top of the camera, this has a DIY Snoot made by fitting an opaque plastic Cereal Box Flash Reflector/Diffuser over the flash....the top half of this is lined with kitchen foil, then, at the top front is stuck a plastic mirror to really reflect light just where it is needed......at the front of the lens even when it is fully extended.

My standard settings are S 160. A 9 to 11 depending upon ambient light, flash power is also set accordingly..... Even without a macro lens, you could use the same diffuser snoot, with a reversed lens or a RAYNOX like Annie does.

PROCESSING!

I will dig up the pics of my gear to include here, but first I must explain the processing that makes my pics POP!

I work in Photoshop CS6 together with TOPAZ filters ( thanks to a generous photographer mate) ....I shoot in RAW then, after adjustments in BRIDGE I use Soft brushes on layered copies to tease out colours, tones and textures, all targeted to chosen areas of the shot........until only the other day ( thanks to Pauln) I used the Unsharp Mask to selectively sharpen my work.....but now I much prefer the HIGH PASS FILTER, it does an amazing job if used sparingly.

All of the colours, tones etc are there in every RAW file, it is as a result of thoughtful processing ( learned via Forums and YouTube) that emphasises selected areas......my artistic mind hopefully chooses the right areas for maximum impact.

To sum up, it is my DIY Flash Reflector/Diffuser Snoot that puts light from the flash EXACTLY where needed, should you require more diffusion for extra shiny subjects, a sheet of white paper towel over the bottom, front opening does the trick.....Here are pics to show you exactly what I use......all extremely basic but they work.

I have a debt of gratitude to new member Pauln regarding the newly discovered use of the High Pass Filters.......they are MAGIC!

FUJI

post-4-0-93334700-1401973584.jpg

post-4-0-18679000-1401973603.jpg

Here is exactly how to turn a ....POUND SHOP.....Snap-Lid Cereal Box into a very efficient Flash Diffuser/Reflector.....

All I can emphasise further is to take GREAT CARE when cutting the door- like opening in the base for the flash, and the opening bottom front ( when fitted over the flash) that allows the mirror above to reflect fully, it is over this that paper towel can be placed for light diffusion to lessen shiny reflections.

Before I cut the holes in the surprisingly brittle plastic, I place it in near boiling water to soften.

These then are FUJI'S little secrets......for Macro anyway.

FUJI

post-4-0-17002000-1401974077.jpg

Thanks Fuji,

Your unit looks a work of art and your methods are very explicit and believe me, I'll be trying them. That's exactly the sort of feedback I was hoping for and purely by coincidence (or is it because Paul uses one?), I received in the post yesterday a Canon 2.8 100mm macro lens. This, with a flash unit something like your drawings should at least get me on the road to getting some results.

So, once again, thanks for your help and hopefully I'll reward you with a few decent images.

Thanks Fuji,

Your unit looks a work of art and your methods are very explicit and believe me, I'll be trying them. That's exactly the sort of feedback I was hoping for and purely by coincidence (or is it because Paul uses one?), I received in the post yesterday a Canon 2.8 100mm macro lens. This, with a flash unit something like your drawings should at least get me on the road to getting some results.

So, once again, thanks for your help and hopefully I'll reward you with a few decent images.

Hi, Brian,

Well done you, I cant wait to see your results when you get the kit together.......Im one of the old School.........If it works....use it;-)

Isnt your OZ insect season very quiet just now......or.....do you keep a few Redbacks under the bath?

Have Fun!

FUJI

Hi, Brian,

Well done you, I cant wait to see your results when you get the kit together.......Im one of the old School.........If it works....use it;-)

Isnt your OZ insect season very quiet just now......or.....do you keep a few Redbacks under the bath?

Have Fun!

FUJI

Couldn't agree more. Don't knock it if it works.

Yes, all the insects have gone for a few months, except for bloody mosquitos, but we get lots of flowers come into bloom in Autumn and Winter. The redbacks are under the dunny seat. In truth, we do have redbacks ubder the house, but all the time they stay there, they're ok. Put their heads out and they're gonners..

Archived