Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

THE HONEY TRAP

FUJI

I had a plan last evening........I decided to drill holes in another large block of wood to attract more Solitary Bees into my garden....to make it even more attractive, I trickled and then spread a large spoonful of Honey all over it, and the post onto which the block was tied with gardening string:

Within twenty minutes the Black Ants had got wind of the honey, and for the next two hours they held me spellbound as hundreds gathere to collect the feast.......by this morning there wasnt a trace of that honey anywhere to e seen.

Moral of this story.....Dont attempt to encourage Bees with Honey or you will get Ants in you Plants ;-)

Best viewed LARGE......Click on Pic:

FUJI

post-4-0-44919400-1398890025.jpg

post-4-0-63215800-1398890035.jpg

Thank you for your comments and encouragement folks........the same trick works with jam or marmalade, the ants and bees aren't fussy.........next time you almost reach the bottom of the jam or honey pot, remember to have a go at......spreading a little Bee/Ant Happiness.

I'm always amazed that none of them seem to get stuck.........I can't believe either at just how quickly all that honey vanished......in less than eight hours, via Ants only.

Apparently, when worker ants find a source of sugar, they can fill the rear end of their abdomen up so surplus us taken to feed ant grubs at the nest or to put in to storage in a similar way that bees do.......ants can't make honey though.

Now that I have rmembered to do this, I will attach three extension rings to my macro lens to see if I can get closer to a stationary ant that is busy eating.....their eyes are amazing.....they still remind me of robotic creatures.

FUJI

Beautiful shots!

" Look after your ants and they will leave you alone ".( Old Aussie bush saying).  If you leave stuff out for them, they'll not come into the house. I believe it.

Archived