Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Morals

So today, an accident occurred in Preston involving 4 vehicles.

Two motorists had to be rescued from their vehicles by the fire brigade using cutting gear.

This happened just a few yards from the shop where I work, and I took 2 snaps on my mobile phone (I still have them, and can post them where I choose).

Back in the shop this raised an interesting (and considered) conversation with someone who thought taking the photos was shocking, almost abhorrent. To me, I was photographing the event like I might any other.

My colleague asked "if it was my wife and daughter involved, would I be happy someone taking photos"? I said, probably not, but it is the way of the world and if it happened, it happened.

So - morals.

Is it right or wrong (even on a mobile) to photograph an incident or not, and show these via whatever media, be it forum, or social media like Facebook/Twitter, or pass on to local news establishments?

Had I been a working journalist, then it would be considered a requirement to photograph it as news, but what about bystanders?

Let the debate begin....

Paul.

• Like 1

I think as long as you didn't hinder the rescuers, ignore. the injured, record recognisable victim faces, injuries or bare flesh, or kids, then all should be fine.

If taken very soon after the accident the photographs may be very useful as court evidence, the innocent parties insurance claim or as news pics in the media if the incident was important enough.

As always common sense should prevail.

If I chance upon an incident I would do the same, within my bounds above.

FUJI

• Like 1

I used to photograph at a lot of car races. If a fatality occurred I know at least one magazine I sent pictures to out of decency would not use a photograph no matter how dramatic. If I knew a fatality had occurred I would not photograph BUT just after the event you cannot know.

However, whether to take pictures or not is hardly the issue; the question to ask is can I do anything more useful? Can I perhaps save a life? If the answer is yes do that and forget about the pictures, Otherwise imagine the pictures that will be in your mind (if not your camera) forever.

Strangly enough, I watched a documentory about the crash which killed, Diana.
These photographers were so out of order and hampered Diana's treatment.
I think if it came ito it, I couldn't, as I would feel too sick knowing that someones child mother husband etc. could be involved and that one day it could be one of my own family. How would I feel then.
If it was a minor crash then I might of the damage to the car, or maybe of the attending rescuers.

Can you imagine even sitting in a crashed car knowing that people were taking photographs. 

• Like 1

It's a fine line, I'd say. You're talking about a car crash with certain injuries. But what about a fire, with an unknown outcome regarding injuries (or worse)? Would any of you NOT use your camera in these situations..?

post-677-0-92452200-1398620860.jpg

I suppose what I'm saying is, treat each incident on  its own merits, and if it's someone - dead or alive - being cut out of a car smash, I HOPE that I would resist the urge to take photos.

• Like 1