Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

RAF Mildenhall

Monkey

Pre Covid visit. RAF Mildenhall used by the USAF a selection of some of the daily traffic ranging from fuel tanker Hercules Osprey Rivet Joint (black and grey) 747  and the awesome C5 Galaxy now the largest plane in the world 

IMG_6421.jpg

IMG_6511.jpg

IMG_6519.jpg

IMG_6530.jpg

6L3A6568.jpg

6L3A6641.jpg

• Like 3
12 hours ago, skullfunkerry said:

Cracking shots! I know you said these were pre-covid; do you know if it’s still worth visiting Mildenhall? Lots of fond memories for me of airshows when I was a kid, but I’ve read different things about how much activity I’d be likely to see if I went now…

Thank you, Mildenhall along with RAF Brize Norton have all sorts flying in and out 24/7 and the 4 Ospreys based here in the UK are at Mildenhall   The USAF dont mind even like spotters around there bases as long as they behave and dont climb up fences or prop ladders on them as for mildenhan its well worth a visit i do camp there for 3 days and flit between there and Lakenheath just a few miles waay i stop in a spot known as "Johns field" he has room for half a dozem or so campers caravans tents etc he is right next to the fence and has a large low loadwe trailer decked out for spotters to get on and see over fence there are toilets etc charges £2  per day visits just drop it in honesty box with car reg on envelope or aabout £6 per night for a tent. Havent camped since covid but have had several day visits usually go to Lakenheath till about 3 in afternoon then over to Mildenhall for a few afternoon/evening hours then chippy then home tis a long day but always busy and easy to 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Monkey said:

Thank you, Mildenhall along with RAF Brize Norton have all sorts flying in and out 24/7 and the 4 Ospreys based here in the UK are at Mildenhall   The USAF dont mind even like spotters around there bases as long as they behave and dont climb up fences or prop ladders on them as for mildenhan its well worth a visit i do camp there for 3 days and flit between there and Lakenheath just a few miles waay i stop in a spot known as "Johns field" he has room for half a dozem or so campers caravans tents etc he is right next to the fence and has a large low loadwe trailer decked out for spotters to get on and see over fence there are toilets etc charges £2  per day visits just drop it in honesty box with car reg on envelope or aabout £6 per night for a tent. Havent camped since covid but have had several day visits usually go to Lakenheath till about 3 in afternoon then over to Mildenhall for a few afternoon/evening hours then chippy then home tis a long day but always busy and easy to 

Definitely sounds like I need to get myself up there then, thank you!

• Like 1

A cracking set of  photos Monkey ... I  am just awestruck by  the Osprey ... morphing  from  helicopter mode to plane mode  whilst flying just blows my mind ... When we lived in Suffolk in the late 70's  and early 80s we regularly took our two sons to Mildenhall and Lakenheath  to the Air Shows . Happy days ....

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Clicker said:

A cracking set of  photos Monkey ... I  am just awestruck by  the Osprey ... morphing  from  helicopter mode to plane mode  whilst flying just blows my mind ... When we lived in Suffolk in the late 70's  and early 80s we regularly took our two sons to Mildenhall and Lakenheath  to the Air Shows . Happy days ....

Thanks Clicker

8 hours ago, Clicker said:

The C5 Galaxy seems to defy gravity ... and the initial version I believe made it's debut in the late 60s ! Awesome is the right adjective for it Monkey ... a superb collection of aircraft images ..

Thank you