Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Adobe Lightroom & CC deal...

Korky

Adobe are now offering a Photoshop CC plus Lightroom deal as part of their Creative Cloud thingy. £8.78 a month (less than the pice of a pint each week), but it has to be a 12 month minimum sign up.

I'm currently running trials of LR & CC and they work beautifully together - after many months of trying to find the perfect combo (and many years of putting up with software provided by Dodgy Bob), I may have found the answer, but....

Do I want Adobe's sticky tentacles wrapped around everything (including my credit card)? I'm tempted, but I wondered if anyone has any comments, feelings or observations.

Korky

As far as I'm aware, Photoshop CC (Creative Cloud) isn't available to buy - it's a monthly subscription or nowt.

And if you want access to all Adobe apps it's in the region of £46 a month. That's why I thought £8.78 a month is a good deal for LR and Photoshop. It also includes mobile Lightroom and 20Gb of online storage. And all the updates as they're available.

Korky

As far as I'm aware, Photoshop CC (Creative Cloud) isn't available to buy - it's a monthly subscription or nowt.

And if you want access to all Adobe apps it's in the region of £46 a month. That's why I thought £8.78 a month is a good deal for LR and Photoshop. It also includes mobile Lightroom and 20Gb of online storage. And all the updates as they're available.

Korky

Thanks Korky.

After much deliberation I decided not to go down the subscription route. There's summat not quite right about paying and paying but never owning.

The I discovered that as I work part time at a local college, I qualify for Adobe's educational discount. Lightroom for just under £54 - Luverly jubbly and goodbye Dodgy Bob (till I need you).

Korky

Just about to sign up for this - absolute steal of a deal. What you get for £105 per year is thousands and thousands of pounds worth of software with unlimited updates. For anyone serious about quality editing software there is simply no better deal on the planet than this.

Just about to sign up for this - absolute steal of a deal. What you get for £105 per year is thousands and thousands of pounds worth of software with unlimited updates. For anyone serious about quality editing software there is simply no better deal on the planet than this.

I'm with Korky on this - I have 7000+ tracks in iTunes, but they're mine all mine! I can play what I want, when I want, on whatever computer etc I own. Which is why I'll never sign up for Spotify. Same principle.