Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The urban dancer

Hello there,

Some years ago I downloaded the trial version of Poser it was rubbish. A few weeks ago I thought I would have a look again and found DAZ3D which is free (hooray) Things have improved and one can alter a figure down to finger joints.

spacer.png

I've always thought that ballet dancers did the best poses making difficult stuff look so natural. Well try to engage one in a shoot one needs deep pockets not only to pay the dancer but also the studio to take the pics. And will the photographs be OK to montage into a particular scene, I doubt it.

DAZ3D is free and they make money by selling clothes and stuff Ballet dancers don't wear very much so that doesn't cost very much. Google Images is a great place to find poses and to copy them, well try at least.

My wife looked at the one above and said that's K.Thorn OK I said. Well she is only an enthusiastic amateur, but she always turns up, is never late and will always have a really good go at a pose.

Might post another soon

Cheers - J

• 2 weeks later...

JMRead   nearly always  posts a photo which  shows  an unexpected  person in an unlikely  place Cheryl ...   🙂

I am never really sure   how to respond JM  to your posts  as  they often scramble my mind   and  maybe that is what you intend to do😁 ... It often feels like I have started to read a book in the middle chapter and  have no idea  who the characters are or what the story is about ... It is usually intriguing though !   

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/11/2022 at 08:28, CMunzel said:

That's all very interesting. I feel like I should know but I don't - what is DAZ3D?

Hello Cheryl, https://www.daz3d.com/ is some free software that includes some basic stuff, including a few figures that can be posed down to individual finger joints

spacer.png

This is not the default pose one gets this one has had quite a lot done to it, but is not finished, it needs to be spun round and the fingers and toes need to be attended to. The figures can then be lit using the lighting function and then rendered as a PNG and pasted into an image. Doing this is quite difficult as well otherwise they will look as thought they are just floating.  Does it make do for a proper ballet dancer, it doesn't but does go somewhere towards it.

Cheers - J

14 hours ago, Clicker said:

All pretty complicated  for  me .... it would probably take me less time to train as a ballet dancer  than learn  how to do  all that JEM  !!😉

Hello Clicker,

I must admit that I was a bit daunted when I first saw that desktop. I looked on YT and found a simple 'how to' followed it using two windows and the next day did this.

spacer.png

I only ever use about 5% of the program, just one small figure at a time. The 'downside' of the program is the time it takes to render an image. An ordinary graphic card like those built into GPU will take ages I bought a used Nvidia one, with 4000px high figure even that takes about an hour, at 1080px to fit in a video frame is faster at about 10 to fifteen minuties.

I did go to the Brum Royal Ballet and ask if I could take some pics to montage into others. The answer handed down from 'Madame' was emphatic NO! I got the feeling that ballet to the standard of the BRB and others like it exist only in a parallel universe.

How the sculptor managed to get this amazes me every time I look at it. Margot Fonteyn's statue in her home town Reigate

spacer.png

She flows into that pose and floats. And not even one finger position is unplanned the whole thing is her construct learned after many years of practice and being able to do this from one movement to another time after time and make it look just SO easy.

Cheers - J

Edited by JMRead
  • Like 1

Oh that statue is just breathtaking JM...How on earth a solid material can look so sheer is just incredible ... and thank you for sharing your image too ... knowing more about your process is very interesting ... I shall investigate   for myself ....