Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

GX7 first Portrait

FUJI

I must say , it is not as sharp as your usual portraits, but then it is a new bit of kit and I suppose all very different :)

This was a fun shot, he was chatting to stall holders on the market, he is always taking the Mick out of my camera, immediately prior to thus he had stuck his tongue out at me, I fired off a quick shot, ( but that was rubbish )I quickly said look straight into the camera....he did, and thus is the result.....no time to set up or focus properly.

Better luck next time eh?

FUJI

Not everyone has pin sharp features. And he looks like he is a big softy anyway.

Well done' Fuji. It's a big change when you update your camera and you have only had it a couple of days too.

I've had my d3200 since earlier last year and still getting used to the little differences in the settings that I make on this camera compared to my earlier Nikon.

All cameras seem to react differently an I have read this in books and magazines too.

Not everyone has pin sharp features. And he looks like he is a big softy anyway.

Well done' Fuji. It's a big change when you update your camera and you have only had it a couple of days too.

I've had my d3200 since earlier last year and still getting used to the little differences in the settings that I make on this camera compared to my earlier Nikon.

All cameras seem to react differently an I have read this in books and magazines too.

Thanks Nanny

Thinking about it, that little pancake lens was wide open at 1.7 so would have a very shallow depth of field.....it's his nose that's a bit OOF isn't it?

FUJI

I had the same problem when trying out my 35mm lens on the f1.8 setting.

It hasn't been bright enough to use higher f numbers and still keep the speed fast enough to prevent camera shake.

There would be no fun in it if all shots came out perfect the first time' would it?

Thanks Nanny

Thinking about it, that little pancake lens was wide open at 1.7 so would have a very shallow depth of field.....it's his nose that's a bit OOF isn't it?

FUJI

His eyes too, which is where the focus needs to be sharpest. It appears the camera has decided to focus on his neck hair, the grey collar, and the blue zip. Even so, it's a very pleasant study and worth seeing.  :yes

His eyes too, which is where the focus needs to be sharpest. It appears the camera has decided to focus on his neck hair, the grey collar, and the blue zip. Even so, it's a very pleasant study and worth seeing. :yes

Ah! That. Could be the answer.

Fuji, how many focus points does your camera have?

I have a setting that allows the focus point to jump from one place to another.

I prefer to have just the one focus point if I can.

Perhaps your camera is set to the. Multi focus by default and you need to go into the menu to change to the point that you prefer to use.

I can move my single point around on my Panasonic bridge.

Ah! That. Could be the answer.

Fuji, how many focus points does your camera have?

I have a setting that allows the focus point to jump from one place to another.

I prefer to have just the one focus point if I can.

Perhaps your camera is set to the. Multi focus by default and you need to go into the menu to change to the point that you prefer to use.

I can move my single point around on my Panasonic bridge.

Hi, again Nanny,

My new camera has all the usual focus point settings plus a new touch screen focus point......look at the screen, touch where you want the camera to focus, and it dies......Magic!

In the case of the portrait above, I just didn't have time to do any of that, my subject was acting daft, I just did a point and shoot at whatever was set ....so....pot luck really.

FUJI

Hi, again Nanny,

My new camera has all the usual focus point settings plus a new touch screen focus point......look at the screen, touch where you want the camera to focus, and it dies......Magic!

In the case of the portrait above, I just didn't have time to do any of that, my subject was acting daft, I just did a point and shoot at whatever was set ....so....pot luck really.

FUJI

Yes - my Panasonic bridge also has various ways to focus, and I too prefer the single point. The only problem is, it's too big sometimes, so even after pressing and holding the shutter halfway, it's still not right. On the other hand, I took a few shots of a magnolia bud and could not get it sharp in the EVF. Yet when I actually took the shot, it focused on the bud. Weird.

Hi, again Nanny,

FUJI

I think I would be moving the camera too much if I touched the screen to get the focus point. I have a job to keep it steady just pressing the button normally after focusing half way. Lola.

Archived