Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The things you find in the Bush! (Part II)

Brian

My post yesterday of "The things you find in the bush" created much more interest than I thought it would. So I went back today, (which was a 10km walk), to see if the Engine was still in it. Lo and Behold, there it was, almost as good as the day it left Coventry.

post-850-0-69372700-1395118108.jpg

post-850-0-43375700-1395118128.jpg

post-850-0-70477800-1395118159.jpg

post-850-0-83760500-1395118183.jpg

I passed Larry the Lamb on the way back. He'd had his last frolic!

post-850-0-08994100-1395118217.jpg

A very interesting and thought provoking post, it isn't just the photographs that have initiated memories of a motoring past ........ For me, it is the imagining of what happened to cause these vehicles to be abandoned like that?

I am guessing that they are on a once owned plot of land......a farm perhaps? .....gone bust ......or......hit by drought?

Here in the UK, unless you obtained permission you wouldn't be able to do what you have done, I do know that hundreds of dead keen vehicle restorers, search the countryside for wrecks like this to restore, not just cars, but anything agricultural.

I am guessing, that in the wide open spaces of Oz, rules are slightly different, and that your wanderings are less inhibited by rules and regulations?

So sad to see the remains of the sheep, especially in the knowledge that my 16 year old granddaughter has just begun ( hopefully) a farming career and is currently helping with lambing.

One other thought struck me..........we often hear of deadly spiders and snakes lurking in the dark corners of Oz........that engine bay looks to be a very likely spot?........do you take precautions against finding a nasty or two?

FUJI

Fuji....I play a game (as does Deirdre and David) called Geocaching, where you go out and look for hidden "caches" (treasure), with hand held GPS receivers. In that game you have to put your hand into lots of little nooks and crannies that any sane person would shun. But.....you are always on the alert for sticks that suddenly start moving and creepy crawlies.

Rules in our neck of the woods are a probably bit more relaxed than in the UK. It's true that I live in a fairly remote area, but for example, today I left home and walked about a kilometer along the track, then took a bearing with my handheld GPS on the derelict farm where the car is and just walked in a straight line for 4.5 kms. I must confess that there were a few fences in the way, but if you take care you can hop over them without any harm to either fence or private parts.

Good luck to Grand daughter for her future in farming. Has she thought of emigrating?

Denis; there is a multitude of derelict agricultural machinery, especially in our area, just laying there rotting away. I'll see if I can rustle up some photos.

Talking of creepy crawlies, yesterday, I switched on the light of our beer room (we brew our own) and this bloke was sitting there daring me to get closer. He's the biggest Huntsman I've ever seen. That's 2 inch angle iron he's sitting on.

I left him alone!

post-850-0-08720600-1395134815.jpg

Talking of creepy crawlies, yesterday, I switched on the light of our beer room (we brew our own) and this bloke was sitting there daring me to get closer. He's the biggest Huntsman I've ever seen. That's 2 inch angle iron he's sitting on.

I left him alone!

Left him alone ???

I couldnt afford the telephoto lens (head and shoulders from 3miles) to take him with

A very interesting and thought provoking post, it isn't just the photographs that have initiated memories of a motoring past ........ For me, it is the imagining of what happened to cause these vehicles to be abandoned like that?

I am guessing that they are on a once owned plot of land......a farm perhaps? .....gone bust ......or......hit by drought?

More than likly they got fed up of repairing it

Gone of the days of a set of points and a dynamo and that you can actually see the engine

New cars are more complex but they are also more reliable (unless you like spending your weekend fettling an old un )

They made cars well at the Standard Motor Company.

It was a sad day when they started buying cars from abroad and also opening car factories in foreign countries and making so many workers redundant. John, my brother and brother-in-law were amongst the many that came out of work.

They made cars well at the Standard Motor Company.

It was a sad day when they started buying cars from abroad and also opening car factories in foreign countries and making so many workers redundant. John, my brother and brother-in-law were amongst the many that came out of work.

Well, that's true, but it's a complicated issue. America's General Motors has been designing and building UK Vauxhalls since the 1920s, providing work for thousands. Similarly with Ford (until they decamped a few years ago). Land/Range Rovers are still built here, though BMW owns the company, and also the Mini. Nissan keep half of the North East in work, and once upon a time the French and Americans (Rootes) kept the Coventry area in work. We are still successful producers of niche high quality marques like Morgan, TVR, Lotus, Caterham, etc.

As I say, the whole business of making and producing and selling cars is a very complex issue.

Well, that's true, but it's a complicated issue. America's General Motors has been designing and building UK Vauxhalls since the 1920s, providing work for thousands. Similarly with Ford (until they decamped a few years ago). Land/Range Rovers are still built here, though BMW owns the company, and also the Mini. Nissan keep half of the North East in work, and once upon a time the French and Americans (Rootes) kept the Coventry area in work. We are still successful producers of niche high quality marques like Morgan, TVR, Lotus, Caterham, etc.

As I say, the whole business of making and producing and selling cars is a very complex issue.

I agree. Chris, but I guess that it was logical for the Americans to build and sell cars here and other European countries as they would have to transport them from further away if they were just built in America.

At least there were jobs for most men in those days while the car industry was at it's best here. 

It's not just the car industry in Coventry which was closed down, there were many other factories that went down the pan.

Look at the GEC. They made many electrical components, and  now the majority are made in China. The list goes on, doesn't it?

My pt cruiser was built in Mexico and shipped to Germany for the engine to be installed then shipped back to england for me to buy (not custom, off the peg )

the Americans do things different dont they but that has changed now Chrysler  are italian

Yes, I know what you mean, Fuzzy

I used to work in a factory that made knitting machine needles, amongst other things.
The needles were shipped off to Japan to be put into the knitting machines and then the machines were shipped back here to be sold.
The it was all moved to Japan, and another factory went down the drain.

Land/Range Rovers are still built here, though BMW owns the company, and also the Mini. 

Err...no they dont :) TATA an Indian company own Land rover/Range Rover.

BMW do own mini still, but sold off LR a couple of years or more ago 

Err...no they dont :) TATA an Indian company own Land rover/Range Rover.

BMW do own mini still, but sold off LR a couple of years or more ago 

Thanks for that update. I find it hard to understand why BMW would sell off a profitable marque like LR though?

BMW did no good with LR, they more or less wanted it for its four wheel drive technology and ended up selling the company to Ford for £1,800 million. Ford sold the company to TATA. 

Still, we digress, thread creep over....

BMW did no good with LR, they more or less wanted it for its four wheel drive technology and ended up selling the company to Ford for £1,800 million. Ford sold the company to TATA. 

Still, we digress, thread creep over....

Thread creepover doesn't matter. It's still makes very interesting reading.

Archived