Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

36 Challenge....I Gave It A Go

Well I gave it a go

Set on Jpeg  Manual ISO 400   F11( I knew most would be landscape) Daylight WB, Used 18 -270 lens but kept it at 35mm

Couldn't find where to set the sat & sharp etc (new camera) so just shifted from Neutral to which I use with Raw format to landscape.

Shot off 27, rather disappointed in the saturation in some of these and also wonder If I could have managed the shadows a bit better if I had the benefit of the histogram

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bfurphy/sets/72157642209096894/ All of them here

13062808954_5b1e76319b_b.jpg

My Best six

13062484585_a442284daa_b.jpg

13062607713_2edc8e0b57_b.jpg

13062607213_9669b69b4d_b.jpg

13062485325_a97f957711_b.jpg

13062485305_0bbc4388fb_b.jpg

13062606473_391c888e90_b.jpg

Your 'contact sheet' is very small Barbara - but I zoomed my screen in which made things a bit better. From what I could make out, I pretty much like everything I can see in rows 2 and 4, and the first few in row 3. A highly successful day, I would say! You do live in glorious country :) 

Your 'contact sheet' is very small Barbara - but I zoomed my screen in which made things a bit better. From what I could make out, I pretty much like everything I can see in rows 2 and 4, and the first few in row 3. A highly successful day, I would say! You do live in glorious country :)

Thanks Chris, I had trouble with the contact sheet so had to do as a collage, There is a link at the top to the set on Flickr

I'm not really a 'link person' - I have enough browser tabs already without someone forcing me to open another!! I tend to ignore them which is a bit unsociable, but I do like to have everything in-forum, so to speak.

A brilliant set of images and its nice to see photographs 'as is' as it were.

I know I process heavily at times and I have a 'look' I go for with most of my posted work but there is something about seeing images as they were took and this challenge is the perfect place.

Did you find it hard you shoot without a safety net?

I constantly wanted to check the shots I had taken, zoom in, take a few more, fiddle with the settings and generaly spend more time wondering than just looking for another picture to take. I'm hoping some of it will stick in the back of my mind next time I'm shooting normally and I will get a better image because of it.

Ps. Where is that church? I'd have sworn I've been there.

A brilliant set of images and its nice to see photographs 'as is' as it were.

I know I process heavily at times and I have a 'look' I go for with most of my posted work but there is something about seeing images as they were took and this challenge is the perfect place.

Did you find it hard you shoot without a safety net?

I constantly wanted to check the shots I had taken, zoom in, take a few more, fiddle with the settings and generaly spend more time wondering than just looking for another picture to take. I'm hoping some of it will stick in the back of my mind next time I'm shooting normally and I will get a better image because of it.

Ps. Where is that church? I'd have sworn I've been there.

Thanks BP

I have to admit being rather pleased with myself, I could never have done this three or four years ago and always relied on PP to get a half decent result

The most difficult thing I found was resisting using the Zoom. These were all a bit rushed but I will definately have another go

The Church is at the village of Clovenfords not far from Galashiels,on the a 707 to Selkirk, passed it hundreds of times but never stopped before

I have notices that a lot of the churches are of a similar style and always seemed to be on a high point in situ here in the borders.

I'd be more enthusiastic about taking part in this, if my Lumix FZ38 gave a readout in the display of the focal length selected. But unbelievably, it doesn't. So I'm stuck and would have to approximate somewhere between just under 40mm and 65mm (35mm equivalent), using guesswork each time.

Might have been there but you're right there are a lot that look the same...need to hunt through my drives see if I can find the one thats nagging me.

Chris - shoot at the wide end only?

Well, I could, but 27mm (35mm equivalent) would rather hamper me getting closer studies, unless I switched to macro (which is certainly a possibility). I was hoping to go for a 50mm (35mm equivalent) setting.

(Can't all of us who use different size sensors on our cameras, agree to use 35mm equivalent every time we speak of a focal length? It's getting wearying having to state it every damn time).

• 3 weeks later...

A selection from a lunchtime in Durham, Canon 500D, ISO200 (as is the film I'm currently using), changed the f stops, as I would on the old DSLR, screen covered.

Shot in JPEG, size rediced in elements (which I also used to convert some to mono, but in my defence I currently have mono film in one of the SLR's)

36006.jpg

36013.jpg

36014.jpg

36007.jpg

36009.jpg

I especially love the first two. Great studies of wood grain.

For some reason I don't go much for mono conversion in #3, I much prefer the colour original with the contrast of reddish-brown wood and green grass.

Is #4 a reflection? If so, amazingly still!

Archived