Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Is this a rubbish idea?

My youngest, who is 8, loves a camera, and uses mine, under supervision, and gets some good shots.  I've seen a Canon 40D, in good condition at a reasonable price.  I'm seriously considering buying it as a second body and for use when the weather is less than clement - its a prosumer model so has a bit more weatherproofing.

Would also let him take his own pictures - I'd stick the nifty fifty on it for him

Think it's a good idea?

I went to the 40d from the 350, I took me ages to use it on a regular basis. it is a lot heavier and bigger than the 350, then when a lens is added the weight increases.

I now use it all the time, but I think it will be too heavy for a youngster. if you are happy with the price I would buy it as a second body but look for a smaller, lighter body/camera for the lad.

geoff

At 8 your son might be enjoying the time spent with dad just as much or maybe more than using a camera, if he dropped the camera and broke your 50 how would you feel/react?

A bridge or compact might be better (check out Fuji' reconditioned cameras web pages) and in a couple of years you might decide to upgrade your own camera body which he then could have?

Edited by colinb

Thanks, I need the voice of reason sometimes :-)

I may well get the 40D as a second body, it is a very nice thing :-)  Thinking on, I have a Fuji S1000f in the back of a cupboard - I'll buy some new batteries for that and let him use it

At 8 your son might be enjoying the time spent with dad just as much or maybe more than using a camera, if he dropped the camera and broke your 50 how would you feel/react?

A bridge or compact might be better (check out Fuji' reconditioned cameras web pages) and in a couple of years you might decide to upgrade your own camera body which he then could have?

Hi Colin - just a quick heads up, your reconditioned cameras link doesn't function.

Hi Colin - just a quick heads up, your reconditioned cameras link doesn't function.

and that would be as I didn't put one in  :yes

I underlined it to point out I was referring to reconditioned as opposed to new  -  :turned:

and that would be as I didn't put one in  :yes

I underlined it to point out I was referring to reconditioned as opposed to new  -  :turned:

That's odd - it LOOKED like a link? What's more, I would have clicked it too as that's the kind of thing I would have browsed quite happily. :(