Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Weevil.

JohnP

post-9-0-68974000-1393630068.jpg

John, where I roam in the summer months, the weevils are eating nettles, hence they glow a very strange blue colour...lol..they are probably some kind of weevil that live of nettles but to see them glowing in daylight is so funny..

Nanny, you have never seen a weevil! 

Jesus, I went in my dry food cupboard one day, and I thought, what the bloody hell is this...tiny bugs, crawling and dropping from the cupboards to the work tops..., must be coming from the garage I thought. NOPE....they were weevils that came in with a packet of dried mustard powder I had brought..............from that day to this any product I buy goes into it's own storage container, my niece was laughing her socks off, I was crying cause I had 'BUGs'....I was like...'Please don't tell anyone'...........totally harmless to us, but yukky to think you have been invaded.

I swear to God...I purchased the dried mustard powder and within three days my kitchen was invaded....never again will I buy that. ...

I don't think so, Annie.

We sometimes had huge black Beatles but not for many years.

We have been invaded by Larder bugs and we found out that they were coming in to eat the crumbs left from the ferret kibble. They even got into their food dishes, so I got some House spray to get rid of the Silverfish and normally spray every 12months and it keeps it clear. I had to throw loads of food and ferret kibble away and even sprayed the food cupboard to make sure that we got rid of them all. It was horrible being invaded by those AND silverfish.

Oh sod it....... If I can't beat Chris,I may as well join him.........

Nice shot, John, but is this the lesser of two weevils?

Seriously, this is a great shot, what a very strange looking creature.

Korky

Thank you Korky... I know you are not really a bug man so that makes your comment even more special.

As you probably know already I'm at my happiest when I've got my head in the weeds looking for little critters to photograph... strange person that I am... :lol:

Nanny....Ugh..Silverfish are something I have never seen since I left the house we lived in in Cambridgshire....I used to get up in the morning and they would be crawling, nasty things that they were, over the wooden draining board.............huge bottles of domestos down and arounf the sink...........and in the morning they would be back...........those damn things were such a such a shock to me a Londoner moving out out to the country...........LOL

I had only had silverfish in ones or two's but I came back off holiday once and they had multiplied under one of the spare plastic bottomed ferret cages, and that did it. The spray was bought.
We were completely clear of them both last year but I still bought new can of spray ready to do it again.
Silverfish are harmless but enough was enough, when they multiplied and were trying to squat in my house with their extended families.

I don't think so, Annie.

We sometimes had huge black Beatles but not for many years.

We have been invaded by Larder bugs and we found out that they were coming in to eat the crumbs left from the ferret kibble. They even got into their food dishes, so I got some House spray to get rid of the Silverfish and normally spray every 12months and it keeps it clear. I had to throw loads of food and ferret kibble away and even sprayed the food cupboard to make sure that we got rid of them all. It was horrible being invaded by those AND silverfish.

I thought your ferret was called KIBBLE AND YOU THREW IT OUT  :censored:  :censored:

It's so clear that you can see it's little feet. It almost looks like it has little toes too.

It's quite a lot smaller than my little finger nail, I love seeing little critters in enlarged size.

It's quite a lot smaller than my little finger nail, I love seeing little critters in enlarged size.

Me too, and this is brilliant, especially for people like me who haven't seen them, or at least I don't think I have or maybe haven't know what they were.

Archived