Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

BMW 335d M-Sport

BSP

Hey all, this is my first attempt at a shoot, it's been a very long time and despite the focussing issues, I'm content with the outcome of these photos, they could be better, but they could be worse.

1:

12518113364_da4a6672fe_z.jpg

2:

12517651415_5606ce5e65_z.jpg

3:

12518154694_acbd6b97de_z.jpg

4:

12517855613_87006f522c_z.jpg

5:

12518182324_d5e4c47815_z.jpg

6:

12517878983_34d4848fb1_z.jpg

7:

12517801965_dd65018411_z.jpg

Having been away from photography for some time, I would really appreciate and encourage all constructive criticism and comments.

I look forward to your comments! :)

BSP.

To be honest, I don't see anything special in the 'full car' shots, except I like the unusual view of the last one (perhaps a lower or higher angle would have worked even better?). The ones I like are the first three : suggestions?

1. Get rid of the thin strip on the left, and most of the dark bottom quarter (I've taken the liberty of doing a crop edit - below - hope you didn't mind?)

2. MAYBE, get rid of some of the dark on the right? (Undecided...)

3. A great idea, but there are too many distracting elements - perhaps a much closer framing of the angled badge would work better?

post-677-0-43098100-1392376825.jpg

Modern everyday cars are exceptionaly awkward to shoot

Because

1) You are against the proffessional advertisers that have shot them to death

2) A lot boils down to the unusual angle you take them at

3) Background is even more important as this is what makes the car stand out

Technically there dosnt seem a lot wrong

I assume 2 is intentional oof and 3 is intentional shallow dof

The backgrounds in 4 & 6 spoil the image the part transit isnt good for the shot

nor the dustbins in 5

All have potential I suspect heart ruled head on these shots

Is it your pride and joy?

I have similar shots of my motor and I cherish them

Happy motoring

To be honest, I don't see anything special in the 'full car' shots, except I like the unusual view of the last one (perhaps a lower or higher angle would have worked even better?). The ones I like are the first three : suggestions?

1. Get rid of the thin strip on the left, and most of the dark bottom quarter (I've taken the liberty of doing a crop edit - below - hope you didn't mind?)

2. MAYBE, get rid of some of the dark on the right? (Undecided...)

3. A great idea, but there are too many distracting elements - perhaps a much closer framing of the angled badge would work better?

attachicon.gifBeamer.jpg

I completely agree, sadly my friend (who's car it is) didn't have much time and didn't fancy rush hour traffic to a location I had in mind, which was a bit gutting as the location would be perfect. 90% of the photos were taken outside my house so getting some decent photos was difficult.

1: I definitely agree and seeing your edit of the image secures my opinion altogether.

2: I'm somewhat undecided, I could see it working!

3: This was actually a shot I didn't intend in capturing, if the van wasn't in the shot, I believe it would work, but it could definitely do with a tighter crop!

Oh and I welcome anyone to have a play editing my images!

Modern everyday cars are exceptionaly awkward to shoot

Because

1) You are against the proffessional advertisers that have shot them to death

2) A lot boils down to the unusual angle you take them at

3) Background is even more important as this is what makes the car stand out

Technically there dosnt seem a lot wrong

I assume 2 is intentional oof and 3 is intentional shallow dof

The backgrounds in 4 & 6 spoil the image the part transit isnt good for the shot

nor the dustbins in 5

All have potential I suspect heart ruled head on these shots

Is it your pride and joy?

I have similar shots of my motor and I cherish them

Happy motoring

I completely agree with you, I'm not entirely happy with the photos, but again, having been away from photography, I need to get used to a lot again, more so the focussing issues my camera is having. The location of the shoot I had in mind would have done the car more justice, but I don't see that shoot happening any time soon.

Correct, 2 is intentionally out of focus and the same with the shallow DoF on 3, that was actually my first play with the NIkkor 85mm Macro lens.

I agree with the background, sadly I couldn't get the location I wanted due to my friend's stubbornness. I really wish it was my pride and joy, it's my best friends motor.

Image four is obviously photoshopped as BMW's are unable to use either Indicators, or hazard flashers  ;)

It must be the alarm going off then:-)

Ypu could try another vehicle at the location you had in mind, gets some practice too, then show your friend so he can get an idea of what you intended to do

I think the BMW badge must be in colour, to be really honest thing they need to be re-taken in an industrial are amaybe?

when I had my Accord forum most od my shots were done up on the industrial estate with either a gate, shutter  or industrial unit in the background....

12549499875_91b0c69c8d_b.jpg

Image four is obviously photoshopped as BMW's are unable to use either Indicators, or hazard flashers  ;)

Nope, the car was being unlocked as I was aiming to get the white halos but got this instead which I'm much happier with!

It must be the alarm going off then:-)

Ypu could try another vehicle at the location you had in mind, gets some practice too, then show your friend so he can get an idea of what you intended to do

Being unlocked :p I'm going to find another car to use at the loaction in mind, there's a slim chance he'll be back up anytime in the near future so I may just find another vehicle alotgether.

I think the BMW badge must be in colour, to be really honest thing they need to be re-taken in an industrial are amaybe?

when I had my Accord forum most od my shots were done up on the industrial estate with either a gate, shutter  or industrial unit in the background....

12549499875_91b0c69c8d_b.jpg

I know what you mean, I'll have a look to see what it's like in colour, I think there was a reason for putting it in B&W but I can't remember! I have a location in mind, but we couldn't get to it, or more to the point my friend didn't want to go through the rush hour traffic.

never mind the photography ......................don't drag the power wash hose over your paintwork !!! it will scratch hell out of it :wallbash:

Hahaha, not my problem ;)

I was going to make a comment when you first posted but but rather interested to see what others made of your set.

Location - sucks! Half on half off the path outside a house na :no  I would have said if you can't be arsed to take it somewhere so I can take some decent pictures I'm not going to bother  :smiling:

BMW badge - I might have colour popped it but i think it works well enough in B/W.

technically all the shots look ok, have you used a cp filter? - as there is some nice clarity through the glass.

Going back to location, not sure the BMW needs an industrial setting, bit high end for that? 

of course you could always remove the background completely and create it all in photoshop -

VXRD--rear.jpg

I was going to make a comment when you first posted but but rather interested to see what others made of your set.

Location - sucks! Half on half off the path outside a house na :no  I would have said if you can't be arsed to take it somewhere so I can take some decent pictures I'm not going to bother  :smiling:

BMW badge - I might have colour popped it but i think it works well enough in B/W.

technically all the shots look ok, have you used a cp filter? - as there is some nice clarity through the glass.

Going back to location, not sure the BMW needs an industrial setting, bit high end for that? 

of course you could always remove the background completely and create it all in photoshop -

VXRD--rear.jpg

I wasn't happy with the location at all, it doesn't do the car one bit of justice, I have a list as long as my arm for better places to take it, sadly I didn't have much say haha. I'm going to throw the coloured image of the BMW emblem into PS and colour pop it later. On a few of the shots I used a CP filter, a few others I took with the macro lens. I may have a play around in PS and change the background.

BSP.

Archived