Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Photos on the footplate

Last night I was asked to go over to the Great Central Railway station at Lougborough to take pictures of a prize draw. The prize was a driver experience day and the draw took place on the footplate of a steam locomotive about to take a rake of coaches laden with diners off down the line. I knew this would be a difficult picture to take, confined quarters, low light etc. so I picked the equipment to take with care whilst keeping to the minimum.

In fact it was far trickier than I ever imagined, the space of the footplate turned out to be about as I expected but the available light was not. Before I set off I had upped my camera’s iso to 1600, which is as high as I like to go unless essential but the available light was virtually nil. The only light there was came through the open firebox door and from the tiny illuminator on the water level gauge. Whilst the carriages were on the illuminated, canopied platform the engine was right at the platform’s end and there was no external light, not even a moon! Fortunately I had brought two flashguns and a trigger so I could create light if I could sort out the black equipment from the confines of a black bag with so little light. I was half done when Fred, the driver, produced a small torch! What a relief and in future a credit card torch will go out with me on night-time events, the one vital piece of equipment I did not have this time.

The end result was a success and the magazine’s editor, seen here between driver Fred and fireman Cyril, was pleased.

post-33-0-40579600-1391335942.jpg

click to view larger.

Well done Bill,

Great success under very difficult circumstances...........I have three LCD torches around the house, plus a small one in a jacket pocket, they are great for photography.

Which camera, what lens.

FUJI

Well done Bill,

Great success under very difficult circumstances...........I have three LCD torches around the house, plus a small one in a jacket pocket, they are great for photography.

Which camera, what lens.

FUJI

never seen an LCD torch, I have a LED  one though :)

never seen an LCD torch, I have a LED  one though :)

Bl**DY iPad spell checker and predictive text!.......Gotta blame something ;-)

I keep coming back to your photograph Bill, there us so much in it to see.

FUJI

Archived