Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Love is in the Air.....

Kobione

Looked out of the kitchen window yesterday and saw not one, but two of our regular Shinglebacks

001a.jpg

He closely followed her, past the bird table, where they both enjoyed a few breadcrumbs, and some birdseed.

Then there was a bit of 'close contact' in the grass:

004a.jpg

Which was obviously very hard to catch properly. Then she wandered off, with him once again in tow!

013a.jpg

Don't know how far they covered in this mode, but they seemed to know where they were heading :)

Never seen anything like them

Got his head screwed on right though Take her out for a meal before hanky panky swell guy

Had to google them

Do you not get confused with there names

From wiki

Apart from bobtail and shingleback, a variety of other common names are used, including stump-tailed skink, bogeye, pinecone lizard and sleepy lizard.

Thanks, all. We see these around very regularly - in fact they have well learned where our bird table, and the veggie patch is! Fuzzy they are always referred to as Stumpy's or Shinglebacks in this area. The Shingleback is one of the two species that live in this environment. The other is the Blue Tongue, which has a more pointy tail and a more stripey pattern on its skin. Neither of these is very aggressive, and it is said that where you get these you don't get so many snakes. That's good! Shinglebacks mate for life and, somewhere in the archives I have a photo of a very young one. I'll try to find it later. :)

Here you are, Fuzzy, (and anyone else kind enough to look), this is a very young one I came across in the garden:

001x.jpg

I didn't think this was a good enough picture to put up here, but it might be of interest in this thread. Those are my very grubby gardening gloves in the background, and I deliberately left my thumb in, near his tail, to show his size.

Here he is looking at you!:

003x.jpg

I was so pleased I didn't hurt him with the trowel!

The area we live in is referred to as 'Lizard Country' and this shows why. This is the other end of the scale:

018y.jpg

A Lace Monitor, over a metre long, that strolled across the road in front of me on my way to work, and sat in the tree and looked at me. :)

These might be common to you Kobione but there is nothing comparible in Yorkshire the only lizards we get up here are in the goverment

By the way the first image is quite good I like the addition of the leaf and the gardening glove adds a framing effect plus scale

Focus spot on exposure good what exactly did you think was "not good enough about it ??"

Thanks for the nice comments gang. Fuzzy the 'baby' pictures were really a hold your breath and grab it quick, so I was pleased we got as good as we did.

BB I do have UK connections, which is one of the reasons I like being here, but our lifestyle and surrounding are quite different! :D

Archived