Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Please note  there is an important notice to read regarding the future of this site ... see link below :-

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/60475-tipf-will-be-closing-down-on-30th-june-2024/

Thank  you

Clicker and Ryewolf.   Admin 

Windows

colinb

I noticed one or two comments in the shout box about windows upgrades

I nearly chucked my windows 8 laptop out the window last week, and then I heard a comment on the radio ...

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/microsoft-ready-scrap-windows-8-embrace-windows-9-1432586

not the only one who can't get on with it then  :wacko:

and in case you want to know upgrades for xp, win7 and even win 8.1 have all install perfectly. 

• Like 1

Well, just to be awkward.

I have a lightning fast laptop, a Surface 2 tablet and a Lumia 925, all running Windows 8.1 and all sync together seamlessly!

I've had no issues with upgrades and love each one of them. Having come from an iPhone back in July I honestly thought I would never be able to say that.

Each to their own...

Ah the joys of OS-X.

It works.

Fixes are minor - because it works.

Upgrades are free - because it works.

It is super secure - because it works.

I can sit here safe in the knowledge that tomorrow when I press any key or touch the mouse it will spring instantly to life and be just as beautiful as ever - because it works. 

:ass:

Ah the joys of OS-X.

It works.

Fixes are minor - because it works.

Upgrades are free - because it works.

It is super secure - because it works.

I can sit here safe in the knowledge that tomorrow when I press any key or touch the mouse it will spring instantly to life and be just as beautiful as ever - because it works. 

:ass:

It's no good - they're not listening. We're just fanboys and our opinion counts for nowt.  :rofl: 

Gave up on Windoze years ago. My new laptop last year came with Win8 and it was hideous. Yuk yuk yuk.

On linux now, the downside being the lack of 'nice' photo editors. Gimp, IMHO, is aptly named!

Ah, the beauteous GIMP! I tell you what though, if I had no money, I'd plough my way through its horrendous learning curve, oh yes I would.  :yes

Well, just to be awkward.

I have a lightning fast laptop, a Surface 2 tablet and a Lumia 925, all running Windows 8.1 and all sync together seamlessly!

I've had no issues with upgrades and love each one of them. Having come from an iPhone back in July I honestly thought I would never be able to say that.

Each to their own...

lucky you!

I have always liked windows products but I find the totally redesigned email software a nightmare, some time it will work other times not.

I sent out an email and received a reply spent 30 mins typing out a return email pressed send thought it had gone but no it had moved to the 'out box' - nothing easily visible to let you know its sat there doing nothing. 2 days later when I was asked about a reply I could not get the bloody thing to send it, can't save it elsewhere, can't copy and paste into another programme or move onto a memory stick so I could send it from my desktop.

I have used Windows 95, 98, ME, XP, Win7 but found nothing as annoying as windows 8 and I'm seriously thinking of installing win7.

Edited by colinb

lucky you!

I have always liked windows products but I find the totally redesigned email software a nightmare, some time it will work other times not.

I sent out an email and received a reply spent 30 mins typing out a return email pressed send thought it had gone but no it had moved to the 'out box' - nothing easily visible to let you know its sat there doing nothing. 2 days later when I was asked about a reply I could not get the bloody thing to send it, can't save it elsewhere, can't copy and paste into another programme or move onto a memory stick so I could send it from my desktop.

I have used Windows 95, 98, ME, XP, Win7 but found nothing as annoying as windows 8 and I'm seriously thinking of installing win7.

Why can't you just copy and paste into another email? (Occasionally I've had emails get stuck in the Outbox in Apple Mail due to broadband issues, but I can still open the message though I usually just wait until it gets sent.)

I did have a netbook a few years ago, running Windows 7 and apart from a few annoyances (such as things I take for granted in OS X are only available in Windows if I upgrade to the Professional edition..), I did think it was by far the best Windows I'd seen up till then, and was actually able to use it .. once I'd got around the philosophical concept of the Start button being the portal to everything :lol:. And kudos to Microsoft, their Help system is streets better than the Mac's.

• Like 1

Why can't you just copy and paste into another email? 

no idea, 

and I have no idea when your email is in the Outbox folder and you press delete if deletes all trace of the email in one click, not move to deleted folder, not ask or check - just whoosh gone in a flash.

Right click with a mouse to copy - nothing no drop down fly out box nothing -  no idea why either