Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

DIY Macro lens

I can't afford a decent macro lens, but I've been aware for years that enlarger lenses are perfect for the job. But I've never liked bellows. After lots of searching I finally found an affordable tube with helicoid focussing built-in, and now I have a very useful lens that goes from infinity down to stupidly-close.

100_5771.jpg

100_5772.jpg

p1080744.jpg

p1080745.jpg

p1080743.jpg

Camera shake on the above three images because I hadn't had my third dose of morning caffeine at this stage!

I think this is going to be a good fun lens and I'm looking forward to getting out and about with it.

Focussing tube was £28 from Camdiox, and the 50mm Minolta enlarger lens £5 from a junk shop. Also snagged a Phago 35mm and Vivitar 105mm lens from the same shop for a fiver the pair.

Just need to sort out the sharpness issues I'm having with the G1 now...

• Like 1

Hi, Graham, you are much like me, in that kit budgets are restricted greatly, so you are willing to experiment with only what you can afford, I think that you also have the freethinking creative gene, that allows us to break rules and photographic conventions.

Here you have succeeded in creating a potentially valuable bit of kit from photographic scrap....well done you.......as to sharpening, if you are shooting RAW,then you will need to sharpen during processing. Also, since acquiring my used GF1 I have discovered that, in Manual Focussing Mode, a quick press on the Jog Wheel, causes a huge magnification on the screen to aid spot on focussing.

I am carrying out further experiments with my recently purchased twenty quid CCTV lenses, results so far are very encouraging, I will post souled of results later.

I also purchased cheap, used extent son rings for the GF1, I am still to learn what they do to my standard and cheap lenses, likewise, the fitting of my SONY lenses to the camera, via an adaptor......all great fun, that doesn't break the bank.

Have Fun,

FUJI ( the other mad inventor)

• Like 1