Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Meadow Pipit

Paul

Spotted 5 of these flying around in a small flock, and managed to get one of the Meadow Pipit, sat on the plastic protection around a sapling, at Brockholes LWT in Preston.

Exif:
Camera Model: Canon EOS 70D
Lens: 150-500mm
Image Date: 2014-01-03 14:26:55 +0000
Focal Length: 500mm
Aperture: f/6.3
Exposure Time: 0.0050 s (1/200)
ISO equiv: 400

post-784-0-89489500-1388765307.jpg

Paul.

A nice sharp, clear image for a 500mm focal length. And I assume hand held?

Hand held, yes - I left my tripod in the boot of the car and just carried the 70D with the Bigma onboard, plus kept my 18-135 in my pocket just in case, but never swapped lenses on the walkabout.

Paul.

Thanks Barbara...  :)

For all this though, I have had to make sacrifices mate for this lens. I loved the 5D Mk2 that I had (bought used) and the 70-200L f/4 lens I bought for it (used) but I really found myself missing the extra length that cropped sensors bring. Not only that, the full frame made macro harder too.

So I had to sell 5DMk2 to get a 70D when it came out, and whilst the quality of the L zoom helped on the 1x6 crop, it was still shorter than I wanted seeing as most birds in Preston (and the UK), tend to be bloody small ones! So when the chance came for the Bigma, I had to sacrifice the L series lens as well.

So reduced maximum quality on both hardware fronts, but I must admit, I am glad I did what I did.

Paul.

Well done Paul......not only for this great shot, but for being brave enough go take a huge step photography wise, by selling well loved equipment to acquire better.........it is always a wrench......May many more bird shots of this quality come our way again very soon.

FUJI

How do you get pictures of different birds, do you just go and sit somewhere? All I ever see are flipping Sparrows, Starlings and Blue Tits.

I get the usual at home, anything different has to be on a ride out in the car Annie.

Ta pet x

Paul.

Well done Paul......not only for this great shot, but for being brave enough go take a huge step photography wise, by selling well loved equipment to acquire better.........it is always a wrench......May many more bird shots of this quality come our way again very soon.

FUJI

Well, you never know. I have some range of lenses now, so we'll see where it all goes as the seasons change. Cheers Fuji :-)

Paul.

Thats a part of it. Just a field may find you something, but bird reserves are best. There will be one in reasonable driving distance for most people. For me its about getting the time to get there as much as anything.

Paul.

Archived