Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Deutscher Soldatenfriedhof

Very sobering and also a place I would like to visit. There is a distinct contrast between the dazzling white stones of a commonwealth War Graves cemetery and the stark black iron crosses of the German graves in France. The headstones here look a little more civilised.

I know of two German airmen who still lay with their Messerschmitt  Me110 deep below the ground in Essex. They will never be recovered for a normal burial.

Brings a lump to your throat. I'm disappointed at myself for never considering the war dead from both sides :(

We get brainwashed. I remember a certain Maggie who exploded at the Archbishop of Canterbury for daring to remember the Argentine as well as the British dead at the Falklands memorial ("rejoice") service.

Two young German prisoners of war were very kind to my brothers when they were children and got caught in a storm.
They were working not far from our house and took my brothers to their fire and got them warm and dry.
My mum being the caring person that she was then, took the POWs some cigarettes which she got with her tokens as she didn't smoke and to say thank you for their kindness.
I only learnt recently that she could have been tried for treason if she had been caught, but she said that they were somones young sons and they had shown her sons kindness, so she showed these young men kindness in return as they were somones young sons too.
I still respect my mum and dad, even though  they are with us anymore, because they brought me up to be the person that I am.

Archived