Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

SUPER POWER...or...HESE GOT THE WHOLE WORLD IN HIS HANDS

FUJI

I was in two minds whether to shoot this, but it was just too good to miss, which is what....Street Photography is all about......eg. Capturing the Moment.

It had to be done......I have printed a quick copy off in the hope that I bump into the family again soon, I am sure they would love a copy:

Best viewed LARGE.....Click on Pic:

FUJI

post-4-0-19826100-1388139197.jpg

Thanks folks.....

Graham...........All potential Street Photographers......are shy or awkward at first.......I know that I was.

The biggest mistake of newcomers to the Genre is using a zoom lens.....that is a No No....because, with one you become a snooper.......not very nice even though it can achieve great results.

A Nifty Fifty lens will force you to get closer to your subjects, so that you need to learn to shoot from the chest or use a flip out screen.....that way you are copying Vivienne Maires technique, by looking down and not making eye contact.

The past three weeks have been a revelation to me, since I purchased the incredible LUMIX 20-1.7 lens on my old PANASONIC GF1 m4/3 camera.

It is very wide, so forces me to get even closer to my subjects, this lad had his parents just a few feet away, I am canary a copy of the shot around in the hope that I will meet them all again soon.

I have just about got the hang of it now, but it has been a steep learning curve.......I am learning more and more to accurately shoot from the chest, without looking at the screen.

The best way to practice and learn Street Photography, is to go to events or to places popular with tourists, where most folk carry cameras.

FUJI

Thanks folks.....

Graham...........All potential Street Photographers......are shy or awkward at first.......I know that I was.

The biggest mistake of newcomers to the Genre is using a zoom lens.....that is a No No....because, with one you become a snooper.......not very nice even though it can achieve great results.

The best way to practice and learn Street Photography, is to go to events or to places popular with tourists, where most folk carry cameras.

FUJI

I'd echo the events comment as a way to overcome shyness at photographing people. Try the re-enactment scene and you will find lots of willing victims who don't mind being photographed when they are in character. It's not really street photography but it's a good way to get started with approaching people and interacting with them. Watch out, though, the re-enactment/recreation scene can be addictive, but also opens all kind of doors that might be unexpected.

I used to be the same, Grahm, until I came on here and saw Fuji's street photography and after studying them and feeling more confident, I can now get out and have a go.
I never thought that I would ever be bold enough to get as close as this.
Carnivals, festivals and street events are a good way to practice,, and I for one am practicing all the time. lol 
Go for it!

DSC_0102_zps6395fdc2.jpg

Archived