Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Our Weekend....

Didn't go quite as well as we hoped in some aspects, but it was really just a shakedown trip after 2 years of not doing it.

This was what we headed into after our burst of Sring weather!:

001a_zps5da09c4f.jpg

Carried on through Melbourne, still dark skies:

022a_zpsba41af1b.jpg

and after leaving our harsh and dry area of sheep and cropping country, we arrived at:

092a_zps8182e224.jpg

Definitely dairy country! We finally arrived at THE BEACH. Not the best weather, but OK, if very windy!

026a_zps2d353e42.jpg

Here there was lots of interesting sniffy stuff for the 3 K's!

023a_zps36ad2586.jpg

This is where we had brekky and tea:

042a-1.jpg

A nice little spot where you could hear the sea. Surrounded by some nice native vegetation

045a_zps67f7b540.jpg

Looks nice, smells nice BUT attracts mozzies!

I know some of these are not the best - even worse than my usual. The light was terrible, gale force winds, and with the seaspray and the sand in the strong winds I really struggled to even get 'record shots'! Will do 2nd day separate :)

Day 2 We headed up here for the view:

210a_zps369375ac.jpg

Mt Tassie, usually spectacular - not this day!

The into the Tarra Valley - this is a bit different from our usual:

106a_zpsb0032c81.jpg

Completely different vegetation from where we live;

173a.jpg

Taller trees too! Left the car in this one on purpose to show how big:

157a.jpg

Lunch at a nice little port called Port Albert:

252a_zps8f796819.jpg

Lovely sea views, and so peaceful:

261a_zps089825c2.jpg

Past a bit more interesting native stuff, called Blackboys:

283a_zpsad249c72.jpg

Then we called it quits and headed for home. Only away for 36 hours, covered 1420 klms and at least sorted out things ready for future trips :)

oh my gosh ! the size of those trees !

fascinating stuff as always ... i do love seeing Australia through your eyes.

The dairy country does look a bit like England though ;) The beach just looked totally amazing... i would love to live next to that ! The Tarra Valley looks very lush almost tropical, the three ks look like they are enjoying a cool down though

Port Albert looks beautiful too... so what are the blackboys, whats native about them ?

Thankyou so much for showing all these, keep them coming please :)

Thanks for the nice comments folks. We have some other places in mind, Blackrox, tow of which we need to get to before the fire season descends and the areas become to risky - we'll see - one is more local, one far away again!

Heather I would loved to have got a picture of a straighter part of the beach but the wind was just awful - it just goes on for miles in some spots.

The dairy country was picked out by the original settlers for exactly that purpose, and they were spot on! Tarra valley is quite tropical and the river water clean and cool. The Blackboys are a genus of plants called Xantheria. They are encouraged to flower by fire, which leaves their thick stems black and naked before re-shooting and flowering the following season. It's the starkness of the trunks that got the name, notby any connotation to Aboriginal people. Those are actual flower stems sticking up high above the plant. I couldn't get any closer unfortunately as these ones were on private land.

Archived