Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Just for interest, last night's meteor shower

These are not great photos due to the meteors being feint and over processing to make them easier to see. Converted to black and white due to the orange street light glow

There were a couple of amazing bright fireball type meteors but (just my luck) they didn't appear in the camera's field of view.

A first attempt at photographing meteors and street light noise in the sky (even looking out to sea) was a problem so next time a trip to the country, well away from any lighting, I think.

I think this is the best one of the 3:

post-819-0-59394000-1387058506.jpg

Very feint but just visible:

post-819-0-80527400-1387058521.jpg

The hardest of the 3 to see but, I like the clouds in this shot and think if the meteor had been stronger and brighter it could have looked awesome:

post-819-0-14421000-1387058539.jpg

Damn sight better than I could have done. As for location,  Northumberland just won its 'Dark Sky' award. I remember parking in the truck overnight on the A66 and seeing amazing skies a few years back. Thats a place I would like to go with a camera....if I were any good that is :)

I've never tried this... the problem I have is street light polution, I'm right in the centre of three cities, Hereford, Worcester and Gloucester, all three are between 15 and 17 miles away plus my own town of Ledbury, there's also Malvern 10 miles away. I would have to go some distance west to get away from street lighting.

Damn sight better than I could have done. As for location,  Northumberland just won its 'Dark Sky' award. I remember parking in the truck overnight on the A66 and seeing amazing skies a few years back. Thats a place I would like to go with a camera....if I were any good that is :)

Thanks Denis, I  heard that on the news (North East, not National haha) and I would have loved to have been up there but I have caring responsibilities with my parents and don't have a lot of time to get up there and back.

Come on Denis you know your way around a camera and there really isn't a lot to these photos...a tripod is a must though. Settings were:

Exp 20 sec, F/5.6, ISO 1000. Nikkor kit lens 18-55mm zoom @ 18mm

Yes John same for me that's why I headed to the coast...but there was no full escape from it :(

Yeah and it's from my D3100 When I got my D7100 I bought it body only and use my 2 lenses - the original kit 18-55 and a nikkor zoom 55-300mm. They both have their limitations but I have always found them to be fairly good all rounders :)

All in all a brilliant effort and I'll bet a good bit of fun was had.

Giz a nod if you're planning a trip up to Kielder one night and we'll meet up.

I did it a year or so back and the sky was spectacular....always said I'd go back but never got round to it.

Thanks BP it was an interesting experience :)

I would love to. With somewhere like that there wouldn't necessarily have to be any astronomical event. I couldn't set off until after about 10pm and I would need to be back for 8:30am at the latest.

I will have a look into it more and let you know...Maybe we could do a TIPF meet up for anyone who could make it

....*thinks*

...time off from work...borrow wifes car....drive the 315 miles in five hours and ten minutes..round trip of 6 hours twenty mins...

Damn...too far for a single day, especially if there is cloud cover and I come home with 'nuffink'  :(

....*thinks*

...time off from work...borrow wifes car....drive the 315 miles in five hours and ten minutes..round trip of 6 hours twenty mins...

Damn...too far for a single day, especially if there is cloud cover and I come home with 'nuffink'   :(

Same here... 525 mile round trip... about 10 hours driving.  When I was a sameday courier (retired one year now) I was driving about 1000 - 1500 miles a week... wouldn't do that now.... :no  I've only driven about 4500 miles in the year since I retired. If I lived in the area I'd be there for sure.

Thanks Tina :)

And Denis and John I realise the weather can't be guaranteed, I will be making a 4hr+ round trip. I had thought if anyone wanted to make a weekend of it there will be some places to stay around there and there is much more to see during the day with Kielder Forest and of course the Kielder Reservoir.

Very tempting to spend a couple of days in my favourite part of the country. I miscalculated the 6 hour round trip, meant to say 620 mile round trip @ 10 hours twenty minutes!

Like john, I could have polished off a trip like that with no trouble, two ten hour driving days in the past would have put me in Italy, with another ten, a nine and a couple over the next three days to get home again. All that in a 44 ton artic and one trip a week or 48 Italian trips a year. i did that for 6 years for one firm. nowadays i have to be helped out of a car after an hour and a half!

Archived