Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Last of the storm surge at dawn, photos from Seaham

David

Here are some photos I have converted to mono, showing the last of the storm surge that hit the East Durham Coastline. They were taken at dawn from the clifftop and beach at seaham.

Some more to post in colour soon

I think my black and white processing is improving slightly...what do you think?

post-819-0-00737800-1386603705.jpg

I processed this to try and make it look like an old film photograph to make it a bit more interesting

post-819-0-46662100-1386603715.jpg

post-819-0-90798700-1386603780.jpg

post-819-0-04717700-1386603792.jpg

The sepia toning is great in number 1 - I know sepia is a bit old hat and has been done to death, but with the right image it can look terrific. This one works!

Number 3 is excellent - I can almost hear those waves crashing in. The cool tone suits the image perfectly.

Very nice work!

Korky

Thanks JohnP, that's the power of photography! The worst was during last Thursday night (couldn't get there on Friday morning and these were from the Saturday morning)...the waves really weren't as bad as the photos suggest...maybe about 6 feet high at their worst and just after the peak of high tide. Although there was a strong westerly wind causing the spray-back from the tops of the waves which, I think, adds to the drama in the shots. The storm surge was definitely subsiding but there was still a flood warning out.

I've stepped back from this and your other set to have a think!

After mulling over both the colour and mono versions, the mono set wins for me, and just to be different, I prefer the first two frames.

The sepia brings a new/ old dimension to the scene, the second shot has a wonderful air of calmness together with the threat of what is to come, or, what has just past.

FUJI

Thanks Fuji, indeed a very thoughtful response.

I think they both work too, but were experimental. The sepia because I have a lot of similar shots in colour and in black and white it just didn't cut it for the scene. so I thought the sepia would add interest and some depth to the image.

And the seagull photo again just didn't seem to work in colour and in black and white didn't 'do it for me', so I added a touch of grain to try and give it an impression of an older film photograph, just to add a little interest to the image.

Although for me I am most proud of 3 I think it has turned out exactly as I imagined - when I was taking the shots I had black and white conversions in mind and I think I captured the energy and force of the waves. And as spotted by Korky gave it a cool blue-turquoise mixed tone to it, which I think completed the atmosphere well

All pp in Photoshop Elements 12

Archived