Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Edinburgh II

Martyn

A few more pics from my trip to Edinburgh.

This was one of the first shots I took. I was still setting up the camera and finding how the light was working

10859207294_3279ecb86e_b.jpg

My own take on the National Monument, much more 3D than the one in my first offering

10859202274_27fa3e9218_b.jpg

The sun was very low and the light harsh. I like the fact that I've captured three iconic buildings, but maybe I should have just made this a silhouette to hide the straggly bushes.

10859195514_2cd407a73a_b.jpg

With the first one, there are three very strong elements which work very well to catch the eye and then pull it through the scene and one intruder (get the clone brush on the lamp?).

There's a great sense of depth in the second one which makes a very different picture to the first picture of the monument, but I still like both.

The third one is a bit of a puzzle, there are lots of fiddly bits of foliage sticking up all over the place, but for me they just add to the 'evening' feel from the light and the mist. I'm not sure that a silhouette would work, the mist may soften it too much for that, and you'd lose that light effect. My favourite of the bunch for sure :)

Edinburgh one of those 'tourist places' that everyone photos and to get a different view must be difficult.

Martyn this a smashing little set with pictures that make you want to look at them, whilst I too would suggest removing the street light top right on no.1, you can see from all three that the photographer has put some thought into each of his images - 'pat' yourself on the back there ma'lad top work  :clap:

Hi Martyn,

It is very obvious that you took great care to compose then capture all of this series, you have been patient enough to wait for the right light, to balance the components whilst keeping the right bits sharp.

# 3 is my favourite here.

FUJI

..... you have been patient enough to wait for the .....

I could tell where all the best shots were because I had to wait for all the Japanese tourists to move!

When I first got my camera I was very concious and almost embarassed at carrying round a DSLR; during this trip to Edinburgh I feel almost inferior not carrying round at least two full frame cameras, a tripod and a bag full of lenses

I could tell where all the best shots were because I had to wait for all the Japanese tourists to move!

When I first got my camera I was very concious and almost embarassed at carrying round a DSLR; during this trip to Edinburgh I feel almost inferior not carrying round at least two full frame cameras, a tripod and a bag full of lenses

Hahaha. Then pity us poor mortals condemned to use a superzoom (though something LX5 or LX7-y definitely is hovering on the horizon...)

Archived