Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Pickering Friday

fuzzyedges

The only photo I managed this year

Too busy glad handing and organising not to mention the appalling light and weather to go image shooting

In fact the light was so bad we never went near Pickering Saturday or Sunday apart from dropping some things off

For weather its the worst Pickering we have ever had

IMG_4890123_hf_zps2723126a.jpg

That weather made me glad I didn't go up this year despite an invitation. Maybe next year

Quite right as well If it wasnt for meeting the ones you rarely see and having organised 2 dances I think we would have had second thoughts

I gave up with the camera when at mid day to take a shot I had to have 1000iso at f4 to get a shutter speed of 1/80th ???

I was working this year so couldn't attend. We have a cleaner at work that goes year after year with her husband, rest assured the weather didn't dampen their spirits!

The processing here is perfic. As Nanny says, the shot have been taken 70 years ago!

I really like that shot. I have come back for several lookies now. Composition exposure etc all spot on.

Forgive my ignorance, but was this from some sort of themed day in Pickering? Not been down that way for years, but if it was, I might well be tempted. :yes

but was this from some sort of themed day in Pickering

Its a 40's weekend , usually the second full weekend in October, Its so popular that if you have no acomodation by june you are lucky to get any Most book year on year

Now the problem, it is so busy that image making is a challenge

We usually visit the town on Thursday and Friday and give Saturday and Sunday a swerve The event goes down the north yorks railway line and its easier at other stations but if the weather is bad its not that good anywhere

See what I mean this is a good weather shot from a year or so back and this is for the full length of the street and round to the station

IMG_4391crowdspb.jpg

Its a 40's weekend , usually the second full weekend in October, Its so popular that if you have no acomodation by june you are lucky to get any Most book year on year

Now the problem, it is so busy that image making is a challenge

We usually visit the town on Thursday and Friday and give Saturday and Sunday a swerve The event goes down the north yorks railway line and its easier at other stations but if the weather is bad its not that good anywhere

See what I mean this is a good weather shot from a year or so back and this is for the full length of the street and round to the station

IMG_4391crowdspb.jpg

I will think about a trip down next year. Accomodation is no problem, as long as I can find a quiet place to park my van that I have kitted up for photography jaunts. It certainly is busy though. I did read somewhere recently that the Goth weekend in Whitby is now so busy that photographers are not really wanted now owing to some of them being a bit too 'pushy' getting shots. It's a shame as I would also have liked to have visited that weekend.

I did read somewhere recently that the Goth weekend in Whitby is now so busy that photographers are not really wanted now owing to some of them being a bit too 'pushy' getting shots. It's a shame as I would also have liked to have visited that weekend.

We will be there but there are some appalling photographers, it would seem that there life depends on getting a shot, some even appear to hunt in packs, If you use your common sense and try to interact with the goths / steampunks and not be pushy or rude (imagine you are shooting in a high street at home) you will find it a very enjoyable day / days  

Remember its easy to be intimerdating with a camera on the other hand these guys have spent an awful lot of time effort and expense following there lifestyle / hobby and dont generally mind been photographed if you do it correctly

How would you feel if you were stopped to be photographed and asked to cross over the road for a better background and could you look left, put your arm more on your hip, could you hold that pose whilst I change my lens to a 24mm whilst 5 of his mates swarm in for a shot, look this way no over here Then they all look at there little screens, mutter to each other then move off leaving you stood like a prune Not even a nod Some will shove a card in your hand where you can buy your image from there web site

It happens in Whitby which is why some people are very wary of togs and occasionally an F off maybe heard and who can blame them

Then they all look at there little screens, mutter to each other then move off leaving you stood like a prune Not even a nod Some will shove a card in your hand where you can buy your image from there web site

It happens in Whitby which is why some people are very wary of togs and occasionally an F off maybe heard and who can blame them

I couldn't agree more, especially now that I see it from both sides of the camera.

If you have any interest in the era then engage with the people, the majority will have spent time researching what is appropriate for them and the character they are portraying and will  be happy to talk to people about the times and what they have found out. (I know one lady who is portraying one of only four ladies in a particular role, and she is determined to get the attire accurate even to the colour of the background for the stripes. 'blue' just won't do, it has to be the correct blue).

As a photographer and occasionally a photographee, there are two very important words... 'thank you' .. even if you have taken a candid, it's only polite to say thanks, in words or with a tip of the hat or a smile and a nod.

I tend to go to whitby in the week before the official weekend when I take the camera - and be polite! - I suppose it helps that I go to a lot of the events (spent a lot of my youth dressed in black - actually still do - the words "sad old goth" have been levelled at me in the past, although I sold the hearse a few years back!!)

Archived