Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Bad day today

Leon

our van driver at work is 54 I think, 3 years ago he was still fell running 30 miles across grueling moors, he stopped when his daughter had leukaemia, she's fine now but Neil is sadly not.

we had a huge delivery of steelwork so we sent a 2nd man out to help him unload, he collapsed and had a big fit, swallowed his tongue for a minute.

now the not quite so bad bit, I'm a massive non believer in Religion but today was NOT his turn to see the light.

the place of delivery?  ....BOLTON HOSPITAL....  2nd member of staff so no risk of choking to death, then the place he fell, was a grass verge in the middle of all that concrete

someone was definitely watching over him today!!

he's back out of hospital now with an appointment with a neurologist next week.

no real point to this. all I can say is enjoy your lives, you never know when your time may be up!

Leon

Yep, 2 yrs ago i was walking miles, to cut a long story short, fell out of bath on hip and leg in a hotel. 2012 2 knee operations, 2013 most of it on crutches due to hip bone crumbling due the fall cutting off the blood. Got new hip but surgeon fractured my femur knocking it in. Light at the end now.....

But it's amazing how quick your life and health can turn, lucky guy, wrong event but right place if it does happen. Live life as if today is your last, it might be.....

So on that note opens the stella!

PS I am same age 54

Edited by Dennyboy

Aged 53 I suffered a a serious heart attack that resulted in stents being fitted in all three main arteries. Three months later I had a triple bypass. I have now taken up walking and cycling, have put on 2 stone and staring my 60th birthday in the face!

You really dont know whats around the corner :)

Edited by ChroNikon

thinking about this over the last 3 years I'v gone from downhill mountainbiking usually 6-10 miles in a couple of hours, walking maybe 8 miles in a morning to doing NOTHING!!

I think after xmas I will start training for the Manchester 10k run. I wanted to do it last year but I was too reliant on other people to go training with me, never happened.

so next year I'll be mythering you all for sponsorship and I have the perfect charity :)

• Like 1

I couldn't get on either, but was glad to get on today as needed the distraction from lifes problems

In the last two weeks, we have lost a ferret due to a very bad heart murmur, my daughter lost her Staffi with a brain tumor, and my brother lost his partner to Motoneurons disease the day before yesterday.
As you say, these things happen quickly, Three years ago she didn't know that she had Motoneurons and was told she had the fast type.
She was such a courageous lady and thankfully it was very peaceful and she went in her sleep.
My brother is 74 and nursed her to the end. It was her wish to be with him when the time came.

I do hope the van driver has nothing serious and that it can be controlled, whatever it is, Mr W.

Life is precious..

I just bought a Mountain bike through the ride to work scheme with the intention of getting out there and doing stuff for that same reason Leon - they've not half moved on from my last bike! - I'm going to do the Viking Challenge next year - 55k off road - its always good to have a goal

• Like 1

I couldn't get on either, but was glad to get on today as needed the distraction from lifes problems

In the last two weeks, we have lost a ferret due to a very bad heart murmur, my daughter lost her Staffi with a brain tumor, and my brother lost his partner to Motoneurons disease the day before yesterday.

As you say, these things happen quickly, Three years ago she didn't know that she had Motoneurons and was told she had the fast type.

She was such a courageous lady and thankfully it was very peaceful and she went in her sleep.

My brother is 74 and nursed her to the end. It was her wish to be with him when the time came.

I do hope the van driver has nothing serious and that it can be controlled, whatever it is, Mr W.

Life is precious..

Sorry to hear all that Tina. Hope our little hobby is helping things.

Sorry to hear all that Tina. Hope our little hobby is helping things.

Thank you, Chris.

It is a great distraction and keeps my mind active.

The only consolation is that a lovely lady and our animals aren't suffering anymore. It's selfish to want them to go on when you know they have had enough. 

My sister is travelling from Scotland tomorrow, and will be here for the rest of the week.

The funeral is in Dorset tomorrow, but there is going to be a Memorial in Charlcote on Wednesday for the people who can't get to the funeral with it being so far, then my brother will be staying with his daughter in Leamington until he goes back to france where he lives.

He is hoping to get back into photography to help to pass the time and is thinking of doing some astro-photography.

We share the same interests so when we phone or email (can't do Skype, as my Virgin line is so erratic) we will have something to chat about apart from the normal stuff.

Edited by NannyFerret
  • Like 1