Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The Boss

colinb

I'm assuming this is one of the crow family members but boy did he/she insist on respect from every other bird around, throw a few nuts on the floor and no-one went near until The Boss and her/his partner left. 

Bird4.jpg

Click image to view large

Bird6_284.jpg

Bird5.jpg

Nikon D7000 nikkor 55-300mm @ Fuerteventura/Canarys

A  scanned pic and memories from over fifteen years ago:

Your post of the ....BOSS.....Reminded me of the Rook? I nurtured from baby fledgling to a mature bird.............My son is a tree surgeon, he often has to rescue downed nests after gales have brought down supporting branches, there were two chicks but only this one survived:

After the initial three or four weeks of almost round the clock feeding with cat food, our nce little chick quickly became a very cheeky, intelligent and very active member of the family.........

Rookie, as my son's called him, used to love a game of ...Tug-Of-War pulling on a matchstick held in the fingers.......enjoyed teasing our (then) large Siamese type cat by pulling his tail then hopping or flying off squawking with rook or crow laughter.............Got in to great trouble when more adventourus flew into a neighbor's bedroom window and terified her, I had to go to the rescue, then apologise.........HIs other favourite game, was to steal bitsof the wooden toys from my garden workbench, he used to fly up to the gutters with them...........He use to delight in sitting on shoulders, riffling through your hair, as if preening his feathers..........The last we saw of Rookie was when we spotted him chasing a lit cigarete end around on the road; after this he flew of to rejoin his wild mates who kept calling him.

The next spring, we had to deal with a blocked rainwater spout...................Guess what?.......We discovered that it was blocked by, bits of wooden toys, two bunches of car-keys and a couple of spoons and silver paper........Neighbours were delighted to get their keys back after they vanished mysteriously:

A bit of a rebel....yes....but great fun, everyone in the immediate vicinity loved him, except for the lady the terified:

FUJI

(With acknowledgements to the original local photographer)

post-4-0-74446500-1381427806.jpg

A nice story Fuji and you could well be right about this being a Rook as I have very little knowledge about all but the most common of birds. This one was not at all bothered about people and seems quite happy to put up with me snapping away.

Archived