Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Spider man

Martyn

Before I joined this forum I considered myself to be a fine upstanding young man :innocent:  but look what you have reduced me to: Crawling around the garden on my hand and knees, hiding in bushes, looking under rocks and sitting in the soil rocking backwards and forwards! :crazy:

Here are the best of today's spider hunt, please feel free to correct my I.D.

Wolf spider, these live in the gravel and run like crazy!

_DSC1387_zps08ffa5e1.jpg

Some sort of Orb spider enjoying it's lunch. I can safely say there are 100s, if not 1000s of these in our garden. I've observed that they always build their large webs in the vertical plain, then sit in the middle of them with their heads down and their backs to the sun.

_DSC1563_zps9db2440a.jpg

Not sure about this one. Is it a Missing Sector spider? These seem to weave a web then sit in a corner and place their front legs out in front of them to feel the web.

_DSC1440_zpse37f22fe.jpg

I love this pic, probably my fave of the day. The ghostly spider in it's den finishes it's lunch and uses the fly's wings to wipe it's face

_DSC1408_zpsf14ca1ef.jpg

None of these images have been cropped, but I have edited them in Lightroom.

Martyn, you have done brilliantly with these......have you noticed too, that a Garden Spider, will deliberately shake its vertical web like crazy if it is touched?

FUJI

No, I hadn't noticed that Fuji. I was as careful as I could be not to disturb any critters or their work, partly because I respect their workmanship and partly because I really don't like them. Spiders fascinate me, but to be surprised by one means someone could get hurt! :2guns:

Archived