Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

First Proper Moth Shots

NannyFerret

First two were shots using the 55-300,, zoom lens with flash.

I haven't looked in my boos for identification as been too tired after travelling home yesterday and then getting up early to go and pick my ferrets up with my daughter but I'm sure someone will know what it is.

CC or advice on lighting will be gratefully accepted.

9761945093_b37b2a4d05_b.jpg

9761944473_bc8646a6da_b.jpg

The second twi with the Raynox attached to the 55-300 lens
As you can see, I had prolems with the shadow of the camera.
I have an led light which I can attach on a bracket and move about so I think I will give this a try next time.

9761995423_d0f0952b03_b.jpg

9761713901_3a15a9e40b_b.jpg

Not bad for a first effort! (Said he, never having shot a close-up of a moth ever).

The first one works best for me. The second and third are spoiled a bit by the shadow, but cropped closer would improve greatly? Actually, the shadow in the second has a weirdly surreal effect, not entirely a bad thing. But that first one is great.

Thank you Chris, Bugs and John.
I have room for a crop with the Raynox shots but wanted to show how the Raynox coped overall with the lens that I was using.
I will crop those two before I make a hard copy of them

I haven't had a lot of practice with the Raynox, especially with the two new lenses, so I was pleased with how much detail showed up.

I also thought they would all be blurred  as I was on the caravan settee with very wobbly knees.

I was using John head as he was watching TV for support. lol

Thanks, John.
I have never seen a moth in the daytime and don't venture far at night so don't see too many. We had some in the garden a few years ago as we had conifer and Red May trees, but had to have them chopped down because they were getting too big for our small garden.

Maybe I could stand on my small step ladders and look into next doors tree. lol

Thanks for the info, John.
I remember seeing many moth's when I was young, but not so many now. 

Perhaps where we live has a bearing on the lack of them. near the city center with not much of what you call countryside,except the woods which I would not venture into at night or even sometimes in the day of there are undesirables hanging around.

Archived