Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Puffin.

JohnP

Not a chance, I can get seasick on a boating lake!

You wouldn't get sea sick Bugs, it only takes 20 minutes to get over to Skomer. This is the boat that takes you over, it makes five trips each day and takes fifty people maximum each trip. Skomer is a nature reserve and only 250 people are allow to visit each day. 

post-19-0-58052000-1378929167.jpg

Another lovel puffin shot.

Did you have to book the trip to the island advance?

They won't take advance booking because the weather can change quickly on the SW tip of Wales and it's too difficult to make refunds, it's first come first served I'm afraid. It's best to get to Martins Haven where the boat goes from early, I got there about 10am hoping to catch the second boat of the day at 10.30am and when I went to get my ticket and landing pass there were only 20 places left on the last boat at 12 noon. Everyone gets the same amount of time on Skomer because if you go over on the second boat you return to Martins Haven on the second boat. The boats start making return trips at 3pm and the last one is at 5pm.

Another thing I forgot to mention, the Puffins only come ashore to breed which lasts roughly 10 weeks starting in late May and finishing in mid August, they spend the rest of the year far out to sea, early to mid June is the best time to go to Skomer.

the three of us should go to skoma..............now there's a thought!

Well you know what you have to do annie! it could be arranged no doubt. It would mean you and Bugs would have to have a few days in Pembrokeshire at the beginning of June, it's much too far for you to do it on a day trip. I did it on a day trip from where I live in June 2006 but wouldn't do that again. You would need to be in Pembrokeshire for a few days because that would give a better chance to pick a nice day to go to Skomer, it has to be nice weather as Skomer is completely open and doesn't even have a single tree for shelter.

• 1 year later...

lovely shot John, every time I see these pictures it reminds me to get off my butt and get up to Skomer,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff...You need to spend a few days in Pembrokeshire, the reasons are explained in my posts above.

Archived