Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

bad things..bad people

Leon

well if you have read my last few posts in the shoutbox you will have read that my next door neighbour had third door kicked in as they were locking up the other night. on Tuesday the 3 masked men also tried to get in but they were interrupted by my wife Laura. that's 2 attempts in a week, not good, luckily no one came to any harm just shaken up. 

I have always been one to help whoever needs it, ringing ambulances for fallen people, stepping in to protect people in trouble ect so the family were relieved to see that I ran out of the house to confront the Masked men unfortunately they fled before I got chance to see anything they were wearing ect. so no real information for the old bill.

now the four houses in the 2 lots of semis are all families, all with kids!! so in the last day or so there are new fences going up, new security lighting too (good job I am in the trade to save people money)  but in al everyone feeling a little paranoid.

there's no real point to me posting  this other than to say to everyone, lock up tight and keep safe!

Leon

We can't stop bad people doing bad things, but as long as good people do good things we can make a difference. Have you thought about a Neighborhood Watch scheme in your area; it builds community spirit and you get to know one another. It's probably a good thing that the masked men fled, the last thing you want to do is be outnumbered in a confrontation like that. I wish I had a neighbor like you Leon!

• Like 1

Glad that you and the others came to no harm, but I do know the after effects, as both of my daughters have been burgled.

The youngest lived on her own with a young daughter and her door was kicked in on Boxing day one year,
They took her bike stereo etc. and even stole some suitcases from under the stairs to carry the stuff in., 
My son fitted a burglar alarm for her after that.
The other daughter was in bed with hubby and the kids were asleep in another room when her big  window was forced.

Both claimed off the insurance, but it took a long time for them to get over it.
It's down to pure greed that burglars steal offf other people, Goods can be replaced, but not confidence after something like that.
The most important thing is that my daughters and families were safe as I'm glad that you and your neighbours are all OK. and not physically injured.
Good on you for trying, but never put yourself in danger, you have a family to think of.

Tried to reply to this last night, Leon, but the tablet wouldn't let me, for some reason.

Good on you for stepping up, but please take onboard what the others have said about an element of caution, too.

Hope the fences and security lights help out.

when I buy 2 shoot bolts tomorrow we will have 5 and 6' fences all the way around, my misses and the Lady next door still very jumpy :(  as for stepping in I am not daft enough to take on 3 people, Plus a 2' wheel brace may have been near me (wink wink) when I went out to check on next door.

if there is a good thing to come of this, I do get a hello and a big smile from the whole family now, nice to be appreciated.

• Like 1