Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Benefits of a clean window....

20" in front of my living-room window is a bird-feeder stand that takes 3 feeders, with 2 of peanuts and 1 full of Sunflower seeds.  For the 2nd year running I've had a couple o' Great-Tits visiting, but this year they brought the family along.  In fact they're doing so well they had a 2nd crop of youngsters, much to my greatest pleasure.

Also, for the 1st time ever, I've had a couple Goldfinches visiting, they also had a family here but they're too shy to photograph, they fly off as soon as I pick the camera up.....

You're not taking my photo, are you?

48036851441_6976533fe3_b.jpg

The proud dad.....

48036849911_1db8932a66_b.jpg

Meet some of the family.....

48055986483_846e1a65f1_b.jpg

This is on the Privet bush in downstairs garden, just as it started raining.....

48109386531_248b87391e_b.jpg

I never used to have Goldfinches come to the feeding station in my garden until I put up a niger  seed feeder ... I have 4 niger seed feeders now alongside the sunflower seeds  and the fatball  holders  and I  Have dozens of goldfinches now that come every day ....they don't get "frightened off" by the great tits who use the other feeders exclusively and never touch the Niger seed feeders...Might be worth trying it ...

Thank you folks, I'm not seeing the Goldfinches so often now, I tried Niger seeds along with the Sunflower-hearts but the Great-Tits go for the Sunflower-hearts and throw the rest out, I suspect the sheer number of Great-Tits (approx 10, it's hard to count as they won't stay still long enough) are keeping the Goldfinches away sigh-1.gif

Archived