Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

FAO Clicker........ HELP!

Korky

Can you offer any help as to how I would go about restoring this?

I'm pretty much OK with removing the creases and scratches etc, but restoring the parts of the eye and nose that are missing and the crinkly background have me stumped good and proper.

Thanks

Korky

Margaret Ann Morris.jpg

Hi Korks ...   ah ... what a fabulous photo ... an ancestor?   Is this an actual photograph that you have or is it copied from the original.? That’s the first thing I need to establish ...  in order to restore an you need to have a scan done of the original photograph (if at all possible )9 on as high a resolution as possible  and using the dimensions that you want the picture to be printed at ... I usually scan photos at 1200 ppi for restoration work .  I d be happy to try to restore this for you  if you have the actual original physical photo. The scan should be in colour mode too  not black and white, if you haven’t got a high quality scanner  go to your local photographic printers and ask them to scan it in  colour at the highest resolution feasible and get it put on either a flash drive or copied on to a compact disc  to send me ... restoring missing parties is about repainting them in pixel by pixel as an artist would or using info from another  photo.The background would have to be cleaned using  a masking layer or layers again gradually exposing the figure  . The bigger the scan in term of pixels per inch, the closer in one can get to repair properly . .. Happy to ring you to talk about this with ya Korks...  

Hi, Korky,

This is the best I can do on my iPad-pro using a combination of....PIXELMATOR-Pro.....and PIXELMATOR Photo....the healing brush in both is amazing..

But for a top-notch job you really need to follow the advice given by Clicker.

FUJI

27004EBE-89B5-4B7E-A881-6012DB816270.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks a lot you two - all those results are brilliant. They're far, far better than my humble efforts.

Cyril - The woman in the photograph is my paternal grandmother, Margaret Ann Morris. She passed away when I was about ten years old and up until recently I'd never seen a photo of her as a young woman. In my mind she was always the elderly woman I knew when I was a boy.

Thanks for your efforts, they're much appreciated.

Korky

9 hours ago, Clicker said:

She was  a lovely looking lass Korks ... Must be where you  got your good looks from eh .....:35_thinking:

I get my rugged appearance from Walter Dugdale, a Co-Op milkman who suddenly stopped his deliveries after being found round the back of the milk depot suffering from two black eyes a broken jaw, severe lacerations and four cracked ribs. Dad had to go away for a while soon afterwards, Mum said he was working on a trawler, but I found out differently when she sent me to post a letter addressed to HMP Strangeways.

Thanks again you two - brilliant efforts!

Korky

• Haha 1