Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

I'm now a SELLING artist/photographer

Leon

imagine my surprise today when I received an email from Redbubble saying "you have sold your work"

It's only a greeting card, it's only pennies but I can now say I have "sold" my work....mega chuffed, what a great feeling :)

post-32-0-84252000-1371145427.jpg

• Like 2

About 3 years ago I was paid £80.00 by Coast Magazine, they were doing a feature on the Gower in South Wales and the photo editor of the magazine spotted one of my images of Port Eynon beach on my PBase hosting site. 

Where is the best place to sell photos online, I was just plain lucky the buyer came out of the blue as the photo wasn't even on a site for selling, it was on the hosting site I use to link my photos here. I would like to find somewhere to see if I could sell images, I just haven't gone down that road yet.

Edited by JohnP

Well done. All I've had is one picture stolen many times and used on various sites from tourism through to Druids......got them to take the pic off their sites as they didn't want to pay for it's use.

Guest DaveW

Congratulations, however I was told most stock photo sites don't send you a cheque until it has mounted up to a reasonable sum to be worthwhile them sending.  OK if you sell quite a few images per month, but if you don't it could take a year or so to get paid. A quote from a Web Forum:-

"I recently signed up to ShutterStock (although there are more stock agencies out there). I think quite a few people here use it, you get 20cents per download, but be careful - they only pay out when you get $75 (if you decide to quit before you earn that much you get nothing). I've only got a balance of about $2, but I've only been doing it for a week and only have a few images. My way of thinking is that any money for images usually sitting on my hard drive doing nothing is nice! If you have lots of high quality images ready to upload you should do fine."

At 20 cents a time he would have to sell 375 images before he got paid and if he walked away before that he would get nothing. Therefore always read their small print on payment.  Some also require you to submit a certain minimum number of pictures per year and that usually means the ones they will accept, not merely sending them that number. Again, always read the small print or you could wind up giving some of these agencies your images for free since you will never earn enough to receive their cheque, though they get paid every image sold.

http://improvephotography.com/1129/how-much-money-can-you-earn-in-stock-photography/

Great to get your pictures used, but don't give up your day job yet Leon.

http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2012/07/19/get-cash-for-your-pictures-the-right-way-to-submit-to-stock-photo-agencies/

I know where your coming from leon, tis a great feeling. I was over the moon when one of mine was published and an artist asked if they could paint another.

I do sell mine as cards myself. I print them and mount them in various ways on to good quality card, pop them in cello bags and sell them for 1.00 each at car boots, along with the more crafted cards I make. I always sell at least half a basket load at every boot sale I do, that amounts to about 15 cards in four hours.

• 2 weeks later...