Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The New Toy

Brian

I inherited this lathe from the Mens Shed, as obsolete equipment. Had a lot of fun and frustration taking this image, chosen from about 50. Hard to set up the focus on an imaginary spot, then whizz round the front to pose for the shot.

0A3A9679 a.jpg

Hi, Brian,

Well done you..... I love my lathe, since retiring from making toys for a living, I use it now fir turning small boxes or pens..... and occasionally jewellery..all good fun.

If you haven’t turned before, could ai suggest you watch a good selection of wood turning videos on yout tube.....

FUJI 

I've always wanted a lathe.  I have a sort of Power drill driven version but that's not quite the same thing.  What has generally put me off is the thought of all the shavings it would generate.  I get knee deep in sawdust as it is.  The final capture works for me BTW Brian.

8 hours ago, FUJI said:

Hi, Brian,

Well done you..... I love my lathe, since retiring from making toys for a living, I use it now fir turning small boxes or pens..... and occasionally jewellery..all good fun.

If you haven’t turned before, could ai suggest you watch a good selection of wood turning videos on yout tube.....

FUJI 

Thanks, Fuji. Yes, I remember you saying once that you ware an enthusiastic wood turner and thanks for the you tube advice. What you didn't know though, is that the last decade or so before emigrating, was spent in a toymaking factory in Devon making wooden toys.

7 hours ago, johntwo said:

I've always wanted a lathe.  I have a sort of Power drill driven version but that's not quite the same thing.  What has generally put me off is the thought of all the shavings it would generate.  I get knee deep in sawdust as it is.  The final capture works for me BTW Brian.

Thanks, John. It is alarming just how much shavings come from a little bit of wood and so far, I've swept up after each session. Don't know how long that will last though.

2 hours ago, Clicker said:

Well done Brian ... I just have this vision of you on the 49th attempt .. swearing and saying ... this really will be the final attempt ...grrrrrr !

I said that after the tenth attempt, Polly. But oh well, just one more. Then just one more, Then......

lovely shot, I used to enjoy woodworking, still do a little bit like making cupboard doors etc. What you need to take a shot like this is 3 of you like this, A picture I took of me watching me take a picture of something lol

685301525_whatyoudoing4.jpg.50be4773acfe0b3ba28b5cbbcdd16682.jpg

6 hours ago, Richard said:

lovely shot, I used to enjoy woodworking, still do a little bit like making cupboard doors etc. What you need to take a shot like this is 3 of you like this, A picture I took of me watching me take a picture of something lol

685301525_whatyoudoing4.jpg.50be4773acfe0b3ba28b5cbbcdd16682.jpg

Thanks, Richard. Yes it's not the easiest thing in the world, taking a picture of you doing something else. The 10 second timer comes in handy, provided you remember to cancel it , as you can miss the shot of a lifetime waiting the 10 seconds for it to count down.

Archived