Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Reptile safari.

I've spent the morning with a local guide and a group of folks on a reptile safari in the Malvern Hills area. I saw more than I was able to photograph, there were no opportunities for shots of snakes or lizards actually on the ground which was a shame. The guide has a set trail on which he has positioned large sheets of roofing felt which offer shelter to snakes and lizards. With the help of an assistant the felt is carefully lifted and the guide grabs anything that may be under the felt sheet. As there were quite a few of us who were taking photos the guide didn't want to stress the reptiles by handling them for too long so we took it in turns to take some shots. Needless to say he wore gloves which he kept on when handling Adders. I would also like to mention that the guide is licenced to handle Slow-worms which are a protected species.It was a very interesting few hours.

A Slow-worm.

149977012.jpg

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100
1/320s f/6.3 at 26.2mm iso200

Adder.

149976996.jpg

1/400s f/4.0 at 30.6mm iso100

Adder.

149976930.jpg

1/320s f/4.0 at 14.4mm iso100

They may not be exactly natural shots but what a fantastic opportunity :yes

As you probably know I spend a lot of time walking, birding and generally enjoying wildlife, in many years of doing this I have hardly ever seen reptiles and even when I have spotted the odd snake or lizard they have never hung around long enough to get any shots... one day I hope to click lucky and get some natural photos. In the meantime I'm happy with what I saw this morning.

Smashing shots.

The are so close and clear.
Years ago I encountered an adder carrying a young one in it's mouth. It was in a churchyard in North Wales. Needless to say I didn't have a camera in those days, and I was too busy standing on a bench with my two dogs as I didn't want either of them to get bitten and I have a bit of a snake phobia too.
These days, I think I would have been more intent on getting a shot of it. lol

lovely shots john. i really like the adder shots.

my sister got bit by an adder in stevenage ....the doctors at the lister hospital were most confused when she arrived at a + e...it was an indian doctor who knew straight away what it was!

Archived