Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

** Adobe CC Updates **

There has been a MAJOR update to the Adobe CC App today with significant performance boost and new features. My Lightroom is noticeably faster which is nice and PS is meant to have some under the hood tweaks but I need more time to fiddle.

Info about the release...

https://fstoppers.com/apps/adobe-announces-lightroom-classic-cc-lightroom-cc-photoshop-cc-updates-and-more-200026

Just Installed Photshop 2018 and Bridge 2018.  First thing that I have found is that nik plugins are missing.  When I try to re install them, PS CC 2018 doesn't appear in the target software box.!!

Edited by johntwo

Update:

Sorted.  I was able to add the PP CC 2018 Plugin folder to the drop down target box using the + button at the bottom.  .....and there is a plus.   I struggled with most of the NIK plugins under PP CC2017 because I had the fairly common freeze problem.  There was a workaround but it slowed the software right down.  That has now gone and the Nik plugins all work perfectly.

Thanks for that BP.  I hadn't realised that the plugins folder has been retained even though the I was too slow to uncheck the "delete previous versions" box  when I updated.  Except for one issue, all is now working and in the case of Nik, better than before.  The issue is around the time it's taking the main PS CC screen to develop.  It stays greyed out and the drop down menus remain inoperable for about 20+ secs. after the image appears.  It also takes a similar amount of time to close down after coming out of ACR. Seems to be a well observed problem.  The only solution I have found on the WEB is to open both Bridge and PS as administrator.  That definitely helps but you have to set it up anew each time.  I suspect Adobe in their usual fashion will ignore the current cries for help and quietly implement a fix at sometime in the future.

A question here guys - I was going to purchase the Photoshop/Lightroom on the current monthly plan today. Just thinking is it worth waiting for the updates to settle? I am in no hurry another week or so won't make any difference to purchasing it. 

Colin, don't let my post above put you off.  The problem I describe is by no means universal.  If it does occur, it's a slight inconvenience but otherwise I haven't detected any other glitches.  The fact that others do not have the problem suggests that it is more to do with an incompatibility with my particular system rather than a problem with the download.

• Like 1

All is sweet for me.   I always find adobe updates to really run well.  There was a recognised problem last year with NIK crashing.   But that was sharp sorted.   I did not worry about it too much as I can easily live without NIK.   

So here's an interesting thing....

I checked with my Adobe account by signing in online and it showed that my standard photography plan included the new LRCC. Now as far as I can fathom from the net this is meant to be an extra and not part of the standard £10 monthly subscription but as it was there I hit the download and it installed perfectly.

All the images from my Lightroom Mobile app on the iPhone immediately appeared and after a few tests editing some files the adjustments are populating out via the cloud to both the iPhone and my Lightroom Classic apps. From what I can gather playing with the new version I can import files/collections from the Classic app or just straight from my hard drive and have them spread out to all my devices where they can be viewed, edited and synced back. Once finished and to stop it clogging up the 1TB storage limit I can pull them back to the main library for long term storage.

If this is the case its an amazing addition to the CC suite.

• Like 1

That sounds interesting ...  I must admit though I am still using  Photoshop cc 15 as I have a different subscription to yours that does not include lightroom from when they first started doing sub rates and I worried that I would lose NIk if I updated... ...