Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

THE GARDENER

FUJI

I took that old Fuji s2 Pro Camera out and about this morning.....Sod's Law would see sleet and high winds, so I had to take my waterproof cover...the market wasn't as busy as usual but I did manage to give that Tank of a camera a real good work out, despite the poor light and very cold fingers.

This man, was tickled pink when he saw seed potatoes on sale, he is a Gardener and was wondering just who was going to buy them.

We chatted for a minute or two, then I explained that I was testing the camera for a friend...he readily agreed to a quick portrait:

I am highly delighted with the result which has been processed in my usual way....the only thing I am struggling with is how to control the White Balance...it is tending towards the Blue side out of camera and on the LCD....I just click the AUTO WB in CS3 and it puts it right.

I can see where to adjust it on the camera, but haven't mastered it yet............To be honest I will be sad to see the camera go:

I can highly reccommend the FUJI S2 Pro for anyone on a tight budget, going on the reslts in this and other recent posts.....A great kit for not much over £160.

The old Clunky thing forces the user to really think about what all the buttons and two menus do....a great start up camera for anyone thinking of seriousphotography on a tight budget:

Best viewed LARGE.....Click on Pic:

FUJI

post-4-0-04451300-1365077026.jpg

My hard working friend has just left with his new/ old camera, he is SO happy......I am so pleased that he was able to collect it tonight because I was getting very attached.

Seriously though, it is a heavy beast....and twice today in town, I was asked if I was Press.....someone else I asked if I could shoot a portrait asked me how much I charged.

I think I will stick to my SONY A55 and my two RAW shooting compacts.

FUJI

Not knowing a lot about cameras, I googled the S2. surprised that Fuji based it on a earlier Nikon body and that it takes Nikkor lenses. Were/are the two companies linked at all?

Not knowing a lot about cameras, I googled the S2. surprised that Fuji based it on a earlier Nikon body and that it takes Nikkor lenses. Were/are the two companies linked at all?

It seems so, or, there must have been some licensing agreement between them, I did not that it was made in Japan which probably goes towards its potential longevity?

I can also recommend looking at the few YouTube videos, especially the one in which a Pro photographer recommends the Fuji S2 Pro as a start up for potential serious photographers on a tight budget.

I would have liked a bit longer to push it to its limits, and to discover more about it, but ....Hey Ho! ....that's life........perhaps I should trawl eBay for another every so often.

I have been wondering when manufacturing and promoting of the model ceased?

FUJI

Archived