Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A few from yesterday....

Just a random few from our trip yesterday -- not perfect pictures, because we couldn't stop and I will explain why as I go, and you will learn a bit more about 'Outback Aus.'

We set off from home about 6.30am and it was a bit of a moody misty morning:

P1020578a_zps61o6nkne.jpg

It took us just over 3 hours to each the Victoria/ New South Wales border, and I just missed the 'Welcome to new South Wales' sign on the bridge, but I did get this one before we totally crossed over:

P1020586a_zpsoerbdiff.jpg

See the sign? 'Welcome to the Long Paddock'. The Long Paddock is an overland stock route that was created way back in the past to move cattle from one area to another in times of drought, or to reach a saleyard. It is 610klms in total, and there are quite a few spots that were regular stops, one is called Eleven Mile Gum Trees, and another 64 Mile Gum Trees, which were obviously places that probably had a water source, and could be used as a camping spot. We could not stop at any of them as we had to push on, but this is the sort of thing you see as you drive the very flat, very straight roads:

P1020591a_zpslsaswhcq.jpg

P1020592a_zpssd3erzdx.jpg

You do have to be aware that there could be stock on the move, just taken quickly through a grubby windscreen!

More straight road driving - we went down one stretch like this and only saw one other vehicle in a one hour period. This is heading into Rankins Springs, a tiny outback town, where we picked up the vehicle.

P1020597a_zps8wv9tetj.jpg

As we headed back we met more cattle - they do have people with them on quad bikes, or horses, and working dogs to guide them across the roads to where they want to get them too, in fact, you can do a 'Long Paddock Experience' with includes the remote camping stops, and the stock moving. (That's the side of the Range Rover we unexpectedly won on e-bay, David driving, me following on).

P1020605a_zpsxfuomdh9.jpg

Just a broader view as they crossed the bridge:

P1020602a_zps9rlwlmwj.jpg

The reason we had to push on was because the Long Paddock goes through an area called The Hay Plains, (called because it surrounds an rural town called Hay) which is notoriously dangerous because of the kangaroos, from dusk until dawn. The Hay Plains are the flattest area in the Southern hemisphere, I think they actually come in at 3rd in the world, and cover an area of just over 11,000 square klms. The total elevation from lowest to highest point is only 17 meters and the view of those flat horizons is staggering. It is also referred to as Big Sky Country because there is absolutely nothing to obstruct your view for a full 360 degrees. This is just a quick shot as we drove through one part of it.

P1020606a.thumb.jpg.d6791c75f627f8ee0b0a6f1d8b6e174b.jpg

We did get home safely, about 8.30pm after doing almost 1100 klms, and it is an experience driving through that sort of country which we will probably do again at a more relaxed pace! Hope you just enjoy looking :D

Archived