Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Ebay win...yea!

Denis

I managed to win an auction for the lens I have been after for a long while :)

I will soon be the proud owner of a prime lens in the shape of a 35 mm Nikon Nikkor AF-S DX G for my D3000.

I thought about a 50mm prime but decided on the 35mm as it should work out a little better for my sensor size, or so I have read. Only drawback is that i have to wait until Thursday to get my mitts on it. It has only been used a few times and comes with the box, hoods, bag and caps so really pleased :)

• Like 3

WELL DONE! That man.........a lens you will enjoy using.

BP, knows that I too have had a bit of eBay fortune......I have been fishing around for a decent camera as a gift for someone who flatly refuses any reward for much work done.......he still uses old film cameras, but I know that he hankers after a half decent digital one.

I won a rather dated but fully functional FUJI S2 Pro camera body, and, in a separate auction an 18 - 200 Nikkor lens to fit it, a great combination for less than £200 .....I fully understand that the body is dated now, but what I read about the camera is very positive, it even has a recommendation video on YouTube.

Apparently the S2 Pro is a bit quirky to use and to get used to, but my hard working friend is a great ( film) photographer so it shouldn't take him long to get the hang of it. I too can't wait to receive my eBay wins......mainly just to see his face when he opens the boxes.

Love eBay and PayAl, I have been a member of both from the very early days.

FUJI

• Like 1

You will have to have your own camera at the ready so you can capture the look on his face,Fuji.

I bet he will be thrilled with a gift that so much thought has gone into.

I buy things off ebay and Amazon but mainly just smallish things off ebay so do "Buy it Now"

Edited by NannyFerret
  • Like 1

As BP said an  f1.8 Colin,

If I get results as per the posted lads photograph by BP, then I will be a happy bunny.....in fact I'm rather happy now having just consumed nigh on half a bottle of Cuban rum..the wifes fault..she tricked me...hic :)

I hear he does not cast a shadow either Fuji  :alien: ........:)

Seriously, just by the feel of this lens I imagine it will be on the camera for quite a while, just how did you reverse the mirror image BP?