Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Swallow..

Lovely shot JH ... Looks a bit like it is eyeing up a prospective nesting site . These amazing birds spend the majority of their lives on the wing ...feeding, sleeping and breeding and rarely touch down on the ground. You do see them gathering on telegraph wires  usually just prior to the winter migration but their  navigational feats are quite breathtaking ..Strangely enough they are not related to Swifts who are said to be continually on the wing from the time they first leave the nest till their first  breeding season,  two years later  !!

So  a rare sight indeed JH..Well done ... having your camera with you was just reinforcing  your signature ... ie the only good camera is the one you have with you when opportunity provides the inspiration .:yes

late entry ... Rye says they are telephone wires not telegraph ...ooops  lol

Great shot JHF, I've rarely seen them at rest.... And they do rest on electricty lines/phone lines or as clicker called them 'Telegraph Wires', the problem was I just saw those old western movies where the baddies hold up the bank and either a/ shoot the telegraph wire, or have the telegraph sender send a false messsage.. and has absolutely nothing to do with your image, which is a great image.... And on that note I think I've burbled enough

Note Burbled: Noun - the state where you think you are being coherent, but in fact are incoherent...

There is one state worse and that's :
Gurgled: Noun: The state you try and type something normal and it all comes out gibberish: Gurlged usually comes at a much later stage than Burbled and usually means you've had 1 or more bottles of wine. It also means an increasing number of spell checks before posting a post....

1 minute ago, Ryewolf said:

There is one state worse and that's :
Gurgled: Noun: The state you try and type something normal and it all comes out gibberish: Gurlged usually comes at a much later stage than Burbled and usually means you've had 1 or more bottles of wine. It also means an increasing number of spell checks before posting a post....

Ooh I'm an expert on that Rye...

Sorry JH ...Rye and I are way off topic here  on your thread... must be the synchronised wine tasting testing !:wine:

Well .. you are being modest I think ...  I was  hoping that  you might have been  able to make it to the TIPF meeting in Stratford on Avon on Saturday 10th June ..

Looks like 7 or 8 of us are making the trip . If you do  find you want  to come  just let me know and i'll add you to the party for our coffee and lunch  bookings at the  the fourteas cafe on Sheep Street.

http://thefourteas.co.uk/

Archived