Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Old and New

colinb

Shot using my 300mm which has compressed the Cathedral, Castle walls and new housing into what I think is a slightly different shot of Lincoln Cathedral. For anyone who knows Lincoln I'm standing to the left of the Grandstand at the old West Common race course, probably a mile away as the crow flies. I was a little let down with the weather as the sun failed to appear making the shot a little dull.

best viewed large

590c28c14480d_OldandNewK.thumb.jpg.83cf39ae99e719d69aa10eca857a031f.jpg

I wouldn't that's dull at all, Colin.

That sky is an absolute belter and the juxtaposition of the ancient cathedral and the modern housing works brilliantly well. A very big :1310_thumbsup_tone1:from me!

Korky

Thank you Both for your comments, the Cathedral really stands out well when a little sunlight lifts the stone work. I will get back over there at some point and do a second version although, I think the sky made up for the lack of sun light and may find I too prefer this shot.

I like that Colin ... I know what you mean about how the  sunlight can really light up that Cathedral but I think you are being a bit hard on yourself... The Sky  works well with it's drama . and doesn't look a bit dull !

4 hours ago, Clicker said:

I like that Colin ... I know what you mean about how the  sunlight can really light up that Cathedral but I think you are being a bit hard on yourself... The Sky  works well with it's drama . and doesn't look a bit dull !

Thanks for that Polly, in all I think I got what I went for, a picture showing the new housing on the hillside with the Cathedral standing over, but I will probably try another shot.

Archived