Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

When you go out in the garden........

Kobione

When you go out in the garden..........with a pair of clippers in your hand to prune and tidy one of the lavender bushes, and then you spot this:

post-15-0-02019500-1363748017.jpg

just sunning himself on the top of the bush!  This is obviously from behind him, but I was able to move round and get this:

post-15-0-97865900-1363748046.jpg

He is a quite young bearded dragon, only 7 or 8 inches long, but quite sturdy. I did get a few more 'record shots' then he took off at great speed into our shade house. We think he lives there, as you often hear a rustle under the plant leaves.

We love seeing these things around, and seen close up they are fascinating and beautiful

bearded dragons in your garden....are you sure you don't live in a zoo kobione? great shots, they do move fast don't they. i love the second shot. 

we do have very small lizards here....common and the sand (the sand lizard being found only very far down southern areas).....

He's lovely and that second shot shows him off well.

My niece has a Bearded Dragon, but I have only seen photo's of him/her as they don't live near to us, but it's so nice to see them in their natural habitat.

Is there a way that you can tell the males from the females? as I'm not sure if my niece has found out what hers is yet as she said it was hard to tell.

its lovely to see these in their actual habitat rather than in a glass tank

Heather we are so lucky, but we always have the opinion that we live in THEIR land, not the other way round!

We have about 20 species of lizard in this area, and they are fascinating. Smaller skinks move around me in the garden all the time, so, yes, Annie, it is a bit like living in a zoo!

This was our most exciting 'lizard moment', taken early November last year, but I didn't put them on here, because the quality was not great. I walked through to the kitchen, looked out of the window to check out the bird table, (as we do, about 200 times a day), to see what was there, and noticed the magpies were acting a bit 'wary', then saw this, and, of course, all you can do is grab the camera and try to get 'record shots':

post-15-0-34014100-1363814381.jpg

This is a Gould's , or Sand Goanna, about 4 feet long. Described as widespread but uncommon, very wary, and difficult to approach. He was just checking out the seed on the floor, but 'froze' under the little hedge when he spotted us.

We got quite a few grab shots, and then, after he went further under the hedge, I was able to work my way round, very slowly, to the other side and got this one:

post-15-0-33505200-1363814426.jpg

The colouring and skin markings are just lovely!! After this I went back inside and he just wandered off across the block. This is only the second time we have seen one of these in the open, and it was GREAT!! Fuzzy, and others, enjoy this one :D

He's a big un!

It must be amazing to see these lovely creatures out in the wild..

Thanks for sharing. It's good to be able to learn about these things as well as see the pics of them.

My brother lives in France and he say's the same thing as you, that it was the animals etc. home before it was theirs and he respects this.

Archived