Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

AMAZING SPACE

The amazing Ceiling in the Royal Albert Hall:

Our grandaughter was singing there together with about a thousand other kids yesterday, they and we had a fantastic day despite it being marred by Bitterly cold easterly winds preventing us going on our pre-planned picnic:

Our seats were just a few rows down from the top tier, I had feelings of horrible vertigo when I stood up in front of my seat, I am six feet tall and the back of the seat in front hardly came up to my knees. Whlst the performance was going on I felt OK but wasn't happy before the start, during the interval and standing up to go out......................it is one heck of a way down to stage level.

Has anyone else been there and felt the same?

I wonder if anyone has ever fallen?

One guy received a real rocketing from security staff, he had stupidly set his heavy DSLR on a tripod in that tiny gap in front of his seat.....he was told to hold his camera in his hands....can you imagine a DSLR falling from that height?

Best viewed LARGE....Click on Pic:

FUJI

post-4-0-04100200-1363033911.jpg

It is amazing! Good shot Fuji as it must have been difficult with that lighting.

Fancy the man taking risks with his camera, like that. I know I wouldn't.

Hope you managed to get some shots of your granddaughter. It must have been hard to spot her with so many singers.

It is amazing! Good shot Fuji as it must have been difficult with that lighting.Fancy the man taking risks with his camera, like that. I know I wouldn't.Hope you managed to get some shots of your granddaughter. It must have been hard to spot her with so many singers.

Thanks Nanny.......Yes, I did.......I was very impressed with the amazing zoom capability of the Fuji compact, it shoots RAW so the quality is excellent......Tomorrow I hope to post two pics.......one of how we saw the stage from our seats in the Gods.....and the ther, my amazing zoom shot showing clealy our grandaughter in full voice......it certainly proves just howDigital Cameras have developed......the lights urging performances are selective rather than bright, so the camera on auto coped much better than expected.

FUJI

..one of how we saw the stage from our seats in the Gods....

FUJI

I was trying to think of what we called those high up seats and you just reminded me when you said "the Gods"

Oh I feel old.

I wonder if the youngsters of today have ever heard this name for them.

i love the picture....that should have been one of your 'what am i' pics....! looks very sci-fi to me, very close encounters effect.

i have not been in that building since i was about 7.....but i do remember it was overwhelming. it was a psalm sunday and the sound of the choirs singing is something i have never forgotten.....

Don't think I've ever been there. Nice one, Fuji, it does look a bit like somewhere in outer space!

Look forward to your next couple!!

Here they are.......the first gives a good idea of just how far from the stage we were and I guess about 80ft up, not the best of shots but I was setting my camera just after we sat down.....................The second proves just how good the Zoom and Lens are on my tiny FUJI F600EXR compact camera; the one I keep in my pocket whenever i'm out and about....it coped with very challenging photographic conditions admirably:

Our grandaughter is easily recognisable.. Green Tee shirts... Second row up LHS third girl along.................she is tiny for her a nine year old; you can't miss her:

Best viewed LARGE....Click on PIc:

FUJI

post-4-0-93240500-1363118777.jpg

post-4-0-12884700-1363118795.jpg

Archived