Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

More Bird info.......

Kobione

John P might like to see these first ones. These are our Lapwings, more usually referred to over here as Plovers. These are Masked Plovers, and this pair live on our block but are very hard to get near. They were over the neighbour's fence when I went to see if I could catch them:

post-15-0-11437300-1362719378.jpg

Then going to work next day I saw another pair, just by the roadside on a quiet little road. You can see this one a bit better:

post-15-0-07862100-1362719186.jpg

The other name they have is Spurred Plovers, and you can just see the two spurs on the wings in this one:

post-15-0-25901300-1362719200.jpg

Here is another of our exotic 'sky rats'. This is a Common Bronzewing pidgeon. We have a few around. They have a very distinctive wing beat - like beating a drum, and once again, are very wary. This one comes in to feed under the bird table, but only when there are heaps of other brids there, and he doesn't stay long:

post-15-0-35630700-1362719946.jpg

Sorry about the black along the left - he likes to hide behind the leg of the feeding table, and just popped out for a second. That's why I cut his tail out of the shot. Oh, and by the way, the little round black balls are roo pooh - only 10 feet from our backdoor!

Lastly, for now, we have had a night bird around. I have not been able to see it, but I have identified it by it's bird call, an Owlet Nightjar. This is a photo in one of my bird identification books, and I would LOVE to actually see this:

post-15-0-58530500-1362720000.jpg

Archived