Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

SPOTTED!

FUJI

Not my regular barbers this time, but one from just along the Street....he has obviously ...Clocked me.....he must have sensed me behind him as he worked.

I enjoy the challenge of reflection photography:

FUJI

SPOTTED colour.jpg

The expression on the hairdressers face is superb, you certainly caught the right second.

For me, though, all those reflections make the image a bit confusing on the eye. Without the reflections, I'd be raving about it being a great example of street photography, but your reflection gives it that voyeuristic feel that BP mentioned a short while ago.

To be honest, Fooj, I'm thinking that taking photographs through someone's window (even a shop on the High Street) might well be an invasion of privacy. It makes me slightly uncomfortable but I'd love to hear your views. I'd love to hear the views of other members, too.

Korky

8 hours ago, Korky said:

The expression on the hairdressers face is superb, you certainly caught the right second.

For me, though, all those reflections make the image a bit confusing on the eye. Without the reflections, I'd be raving about it being a great example of street photography, but your reflection gives it that voyeuristic feel that BP mentioned a short while ago.

To be honest, Fooj, I'm thinking that taking photographs through someone's window (even a shop on the High Street) might well be an invasion of privacy. It makes me slightly uncomfortable but I'd love to hear your views. I'd love to hear the views of other members, too.

Korky

Thanks Korky,

All comments and observations encouraged and welcomed.....I feel I must reply in full....

Blame, the once anonymous, now famous  Street Photographer Vivian Maier who made a point of including her own reflection in many of her now, well known works.....

I must admit that I do skate on fairly thin-ice at times.....but.....isn't that what many artists and photographers do anyway!

I obviously wouldn't poke my lens through the net curtains of a Chorley back to back, or the Venetian blinds of a massage parlour , but if your Shop widow is open for the public outside to see in.....then I consider it fair game as far as Street Photography goes.

I would never deliberately embarrass or anger anyone, if I received even a smidgeon of protest, I would delete my shot in front if them with apologies......I never take pics of the homeless, druggies, drinkers or afflicted because they are vulnerable people.

Should I want to do a formal shoot inside a tattoo parlour ( as a couple of years back) I would formally ask the proprietor and the customer for full permission first, then, try not to get in the way.

As Polly observed I have developed the knack of becoming almost invisible and unnoticed during my outings.....also, my Social Work and Teaching background makes my approach much easier for me, and my subjects.

Unlike many more aggressive Street photographers, I never use flash, long lenses or intrude during obvious private moments......such as lovers, funerals and other personal events.......but......if I spotted the best man or bridesmaids fooling around after a wedding they would be fair game.

I continuously research and study Street Photography, it is obviously a genre I love as much as many of you love your favourite area of our amazing hobby.

Almost all of my Street Portraits are requested or taken openly as I chat to my subject, usually shot through a 20-30 or 50 mm lens so I'm really close.....no hiding behind bushes or vehicles for me. Each and everyone of my subjects is handed a card containing my full contact details, an explanation of my ongoing ...Portrait Project....plus the clear information that their photograph may be placed on a Photo Forum, in an Exhibition or Published in a Book in print or online.....My subjects are all offered free Prints and/or Digital Copies if they care to email for them. .......The card also includes links to my full Portfolio.

I think that covers everything?   Discussion Welcome!

Can I encourage any of you .....to....HAVE A GO......Street Photography.....isn't voyouristic if done sensibly.....it.....IS.....supposed to be a ....RAW.....record of ....LIFE.....long may it continue to be so.

FUJI

To be fair I agree with the reservations that one COULD have about   this genre  of   photography  and of course if   you stop and ask people before you click  then the  spontaneity of street photography  can  be lost as  people  can often  lose their real identity once they "pose"..

In Fooji's  case I do  think  his  modus  operandii  really works and his friendly,  accomodating demeanor  and  the fact that  should anyone object  he deletes  immediately and hands out cards so he is not anonymous even, must allay  most people 's fears  about what and why he is doing what he does . I   really  like  this  genre  more and more   and  love that  it records history  in  a docmentary kind of way that  can encapsulate in one moment what a film  may take several minutes to portray  Whether the technical  aspects of an image are perfect or not  to me in this type of  picture making is not as important as the overall impact and of the  image .and what it says .  Well ... for what it's worth   that  is my opinion . and thanks  for opening up a debate  about  it Korks. I respect not everyone will agree but as far as Fuji  is concerned   I  trust his  judgement and integrity .

Archived