Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Autumn Stuff...

Korky

So what do you do with an empty chutney jar?

Give it a quick rinse then go to the park and collect some conkers, some leaves, a few twigs and a funny thing that looks like a small apple. Take 'em all to the studio (Mrs K calls it the spare room, but what does she know?), set 'em up near the window, take a photograph, whack it into Photoshop, add some textures, give it a twiddle and call it........

Autumnal Melange ------- sounds so much better then 'Conkers and a Chutney Jar'.

Korky

Autumn TIPF.jpg

I  think it is often the case that  thumbnails / smaller versions of a pic can look a tad softer  in my experience  than a version with more pixels ...stands to reason really . The larger version looks  just fine to me Korks ....in fact more than fine .

Thanks, all - strange how the thumbnail looks a bit soft, but I'm happy the larger version is OK.

The chutney was very nice - great with mature cheddar. Audrey Baxter is the lady who hand signs every single label as it reaches the end of the production line :whistle:

Shall post on FB just to see how it goes - there's probably a chutney lovers' group on there!

I got some very strange looks when I was collecting the conkers!

Korky

Love this Korks ..... I think that the slight softness adds to the whole, reminding the discerning viewer of Autumn Mists and Mellowness, so full marks from me.

Audrey Baxter???

She used to be that snotty nosed raggedy lass who lived on't moor just out of town........she used to hold little Korky's hand on the way to school,......until  one day....they were discovered in a right pickle in the Domestic Science room......both said they had been making chutney.....at least.....Audrey said that little Korky was......Mustard.

They remained distant friends ever since, now she is the Champion Chutney Chuck of Chorley......she has a stall on the Farmer's Market......our Korks buys her Chutney for old times sake.

Fooj exits Stage Left, yellow duster in hand, vintage lens in the other....

2 hours ago, Korky said:

Thanks, Paul - I guess it's back to the spare room photographic studio on this one. Must admit I'm a tad baffled, but Autumnal Melange Deux will along before the next episode of Eastenders!

Korky

You know I am a fan of this type of work of yours( I have faved a few of them  on your Flickr) but like you I have to  call it as I see it. I look forward to seeing this or others again.:6_smile:

Paul - I never have a problem with you or anyone else on TIPF criticising my work - this one in particular is a bit of a disaster and I'm big enough, old enough and daft enough to take it on the chin.

I was going to re-edit this image, but I've realised it's not worth the effort. I showed it to Mrs K and she just gave me a blank stare and asked if I fancied a brew. It's the last bloody time I collect conkers!

I think we strike a nice balance here at TIPF, a thumbs-up where it's deserved and polite criticism where it's not.

Korky

The picture looks fine to me Korks (I looked at the second version). Not sure what's being referred to as wrong? It looks sharp ENOUGH - which means, "for the subject". Quite crisp to my eyes.

Baxters are known mainly for their range of soups which are very nice I must admit.

Thanks, BP - When I load a RAW file into ACR it always looks slightly soft at first and then it snaps into focus. And that's exactly what this one did.

I had no concerns about the softness until JH's post suggested the focus might be a bit off. Weird!

Korky

Archived